135

That night, Mitch made sure Scott was the first asleep, not ever wanting to hear Scott cry again.

Mitch stayed awake an hour after Scott had fallen asleep, making sure he was deep in sleep before letting himself even drift.

And that morning, Mitch was the first awake, as always. His alarm goes off an hour before Scott wakes up, giving Michael time to cook Scott breakfast and Mitch time to take a shower and eat so that he'll be out of Scott's hair while Scott's getting ready.

Mitch stayed in bed for a bit, scrolling through his phone and checking his messages, twitter, and Instagram. Mitch was still wrapped up in Scott's arms as he did so, his back pressed to Scott's front and Scott's arms tightly- and protectively- wrapped around Mitch's mid-action, Mitch's right hand rubbing circles in Scott's right arm.

Scott hummed, snuggling closer to Mitch and tucking his head in between Mitch's shoulder blades. Mitch smiled slightly, pressing his home button and shutting off his phone and setting it down on the bed.

Mitch turned in Scott's arms to face Scott, Scott's head now tucked in to Mitch's chest. Scott groaned, obviously half awake.

Mitch giggled and ran his fingers through Scott's hair, "I know you're awake, baby boy." He whispered.

"Don't wanna be. Wanna be asleep..." he mumbled.

Mitch kissed the top of Scott's head, "You still have an hour to sleep honey. I'm just gonna jump in a shower and Michael is already cooking breakfast. Get some more sleep, I'll wake you when food is ready."

"Beat wife ever," Scott slurred

Mitch giggled, slipping from Scott's arms and throwing the duvet off of himself and walking towards the bathroom.

Scott continued to lay in bed but couldn't go back to sleep, so he rolled over and grabbed his phone. He had a few texts from his parents, saying they'd landed in Colorado. It was the text he got every two weeks from his parents, telling him yet another place and state they're in. Of course, far away from him.

Scott didn't respond and, instead, pulled himself out of bed. He found his way to the bathroom, deciding that he'd want to join Mitch in the shower this time. He knocked on the door and peaked his head in.

"Baby girl, mind if I shower with you?" Scott asked, waiting Mitch's response.

"Yeah, babyboy, I haven't even started to wash up yet."

Scott smiled and slipped in, shutting the door behind himself. He stripped himself of his clothes and ran his fingers through his hair as he walked towards the shower.

Scott pulled the glass door back and stepped inside, smiling slightly at the sight of his beautiful bride-to-be.

"Damn you're gorgeous..." Scott whispered.

Mitch blushed and looked up at Scott, biting his lip. Scott walked forward and put his hands on Mitch's hips, pecking his lips.

"Love you.." Mitch said.

"Love you too, baby girl."

"Are you feeling better?"

Scott nodded, "Way better. Thanks for talking to me last night, I needed that."

"I'm always here, you can talk to me whenever you need, honey."

Scott smiled slightly and pecked Mitch's lips again, "I always need you."