134

"Mitch..."

"No, I mean it, okay?"

Scott laughed bitterly, "I'm bein' such a fucking wuss."

"Honey... no, you're not. I just don't understand why you didn't talk to me about it? Why you lied to me at first? We always tell each other when we're having problems or going through struggles..."

"I'm sorry," Scott said, shaking his head, "Fuck, I'm sorry."

"Scott, no. That's not- no. I'm not..." Mitch took a deep breath, letting it out, "You don't have to apologize, you didn't do anything wrong. There's nothing wrong with what your feeling, I just wanted you to talk to me."

"I just don't want you to leave.." Scott whispered.

"I'm not leaving you, Scottie. How many times do I have to say it? You're everything I've ever fucking wanted. You're so sweet and you buy me my favorite chocolates and you take care of me and get me coffee when I'm upset and you're protective but the good kind where you protect me from people who hurt me," Scotts eyes started to water, smiling slightly when Mitch mentioned his protectiveness, "and you don't get jealous easily and- and you love me and you're really tall so you give the best hugs..."

Scott chuckled, a tear slipping down his face.

Mitch frowned, "And I love when you show me your soft side, your broken down side, the side of you who needs someone to lean on."

A few tears slipped out of Scott's eyes. He rolled his eyes at himself, pressing the palm of his hands to his eyes, trying to stop himself from letting anymore tears slip, hanging his head low, "God dammit, I'm being such a baby.." Scott said.

"No... you're not. I'm so glad you're talking to me, baby boy. You're much stronger than you think you are. You're never going to be a wuss in my eyes."

Scott dropped his hands, putting his elbows on his knees and leaning in to them, looking at the ground.

Mitch sighed, "Why do you think I'd leave?"

Scott shook his head, "I'm not good enough for you. I feel like... I feel like I'll do something to run you off.."

"Honey, I know you, that's not why you're crying. Something else is going on."

"I just love you a lot and... I also love my parents a lot... and they're always gone. And- I'm scared that I'm putting everything I have into this relationship and if it doesn't work out... and if you're always gone at work or college... then, I just don't know what I'd do. I don't want my heart broken," his voice cracked on the last word, "I don't want to put everything out there and it not work out.."

"Fuck... Scottie. When did you start feeling like this?"

"When I started thinking about marriage and wanting to get married to you. I still want to, don't get me wrong, but my head just started telling me everything that could go wrong and how I get my heart stepped on every time my parents leave for another state."

"You listen to me Grassi-Hoying. I am not your parents nor will I ever leave you like your parents. You're special to me. I don't give a fuck where I go to college, where you're going is where I'm going because you're much smarter than you think. I'll always make time for you. I'll always be around for you. I don't think even I could handle not being around you for too long. I really love you, Scottie. I'm not going to leave and treat something like my job as something more important than you. You're the most important thing in my life. I love you. I'm marrying you. And I'm staying."

Scott let out a sob, covering his mouth, tears slipping down his face as his hand covered his mouth.

"Honey, no.." Mitch said, throwing his leg over Scott's lap to straddle his waist.

Mitch pulled Scott to his chest, a hand on the back of Scott's head and another hand around Scott's shoulders. Mitch kissed the top of Scott's head every few seconds, whispering an 'I love you'.