89

Tuesday:

Mitch had insisted on carrying all of Scott's books, because of Scott's shoulder. They had, at least, a twenty minute argument about it.

Scott said that he didn't want Mitch to get hurt carrying all of the books, Mitch saying that Scott's already hurt and that he'll hurt himself more. Mitch won the argument, of course.

Scott was worried about Mitch the whole time they walked down the schools hallways.

"Are you sure you're okay carryi-"

"Yes, Scott, I'm fine".

Scott pouted, sticking out his bottom lip, "But.... what if you get hurt"?

"Then I get hurt, at least your shoulder won't be popped out of socket again".

"What?! No! I don't want you getting hur- just.. let me carry some. Just a few".

Mitch glared at Scott a little, knowing he wouldn't let up, Mitch took two books and handed them to Scott.

Scott rolled his eyes at how little Mitch gave him.

"What? I can take them b-"

"No! I'll hold them". Scott quickly interrupted.

Mitch giggled, "Okay, on another note, are we leaving school for lunch or..."?

"We can, I'm kind of craving tacos".

Mitch gasped, "Me too"! He said before laughing. "Or we can go t-" someone cut Mitch off by accidentally bumping into him.

Mitch dropped all of Scott's books to the floor with a gasp. One of the heavier books landed right on Mitch's foot, making him cry out in pain.

Scott had never looked angrier.

"Are you fucking kidding me?! That's my goddamn boy you just ran into. Watch where you're going fucker"! Scott yelled at him as Mitch bit his lip to keep from crying in pain, Scott pulling Mitch into his chest in some sense of comfort.

The guy held his hands up in surrender, "Sorry dude".

"Oh... you're fucking 'sorry'. I guess that will automatically fix the fact that you put my boyfriend in pain, right?!"

"Listen dude-" Scott cut him off by pinning him to one of the lockers.

"You listen here, if you ever come near my babygirl again, I will have your head in a second. Don't. Ever. Hurt him again, understood"?

"I'm so-"

"Do you fucking understand". Scott yelled in his face.

"Yes, god, I understand".

By then, a big crowd had circled them, Mitch in the middle and the two boys up against the lockers still.

Scott let go of the random boy, then held Mitch again, looking at everyone surrounding them.

"That goes for every single-fucking-one of you too". Scott spat at them, but before he could continue he felt a hand slip into his and give his hand a small squeeze.

Scott looked down at Mitch, who was looking up at him with big doe eyes. Scott would've melted at the sight if he'd not been so damn angry.

"Come on, baby. I don't want your shoulder getting messed up. Let's just go, okay? I think they get the message".

Scott's jaw locked and unlocked before he picked up his books, walking up to someone standing in the crowd and shoving his books into their arms.

"Take these to Mrs. Cozarts class". Scott snapped, turning back around.

Scott picked Mitch up effortlessly, Mitch wrapping his legs around Scott waist so he wouldn't fall, and one of Scott's hands around his back and one under his butt.

Mitch gasped at the sudden action, "Scott! Your shoulder". Mitch said as Scott carried them out of the crowd and down the hallway.

"I'm fine, babygirl, don't worry abo-"

Mitch's head snapped towards him, "No, I will worry about you because I care about you and because your my boyfriend and your hurt and I plan on keeping you around for a long fucking one so, yes I will fucking worry". Mitch snapped at him, then softening back up, sighing, and resting his head on Scott's non-wounded shoulder.

"Sorry". Scott said in a whisper. "I know you care about me just as I care about you, and I know how bad I get when you get hurt. I mean... look what just happened..." Scott trailed off.

"No no no, I know that voice. It's the 'damn I'm disappointed in myself' voice. Stop it right now. I'm so thankful for you and how much you protect me and I like that you get angry when people hurt me, it makes me feel safe. So, don't get like that, not with me".

Scott nodded his head, sitting down on a bench outside. He expected Mitch to crawl of his lap but Mitch simply stayed put.

Scott played with the hairs on the back of Mitch's head, sighing. Mitch curled more into Scott, hanging onto him like a leech. 

They had a thirty minute break... so... they just sat there. Enjoying each other's company.

Mitch lifted his head to look Scott in the eyes. "You're in pain, I can tell".

Scott looked down, away from Mitch's gaze.

"You always get quiet and upset when you're in pain". Mitch kept on, "Talk to me". He whispered.

Scott looked back up at Mitch, "My shoulder really hurts, Mitchie". Scott said in a whisper.

Mitch frowned, "Oh, honey. Why didn't you tell me"?!

"I didn't want to seem like a wuss".

Mitch shook his head at him, "That doesn't make you a wuss, baby. It just means you're in pain, okay? I could've gotten you some pain meds".

Scott laughed and looked back up at Mitch. "Sorry for my outburst in the hallway. It hurt so much that I took my anger out on that guy".

Mitch ran his fingers through Scott's hair, "It's okay, baby", he said, getting off of Scott and holding his hand out for Scott, "Come on, we have enough time to go home and get your pain meds".

Scott grabbed Mitch's hand and let Mitch lead him to the car.

*****

Doing a one shot next chapter, comment your one shot ideas here plzzz>>>