46

Real quick, I have a book recommendation. It's called 'Out Of The City' and it's soooo good. It's by my best friend and it's about a girl with a famous dad who is being sent off to a boarding school and she meets a girl named Kendall (me) and they become best friends and it's just honestly so good.

I also made the cover.

The book is by mauvetears so go read it

Another emotional roller coaster for this chapter. I'm not really sorry about it. There's some fluff at the end though.

Love y'all and hope you enjoy this chappy!!!!

****

Mitch's mother had to practically drag him out of Scott's house to make him see his father.

Nel said. "He's dying and you need to be there".

To which Mitch replied. "No, I'm done with him".

It took Scott to convince him and drive him there.

Then, when they got there, Scott had to convince him to go inside and actually see his father.

Inside his dads hospital room, Mitch didn't say a word. He just sat still as his mother and father talked a little bit, his mother doing most of the talking.

Mitch didn't have any interest in talking to his dad. His dad didn't accept him and if Mitch had to hear one more word about how his father disapproved of him, he would lose it.

As his mother and father talked, his fathers monitor went flat. The screeching noise filled the room, as his mother tried to get doctors in to help him.

Mitch just got up out of the chair he was sitting in and left. He didn't want to watch that.

But he did have to watch as the doctor explained to his crying mom that they couldn't do anything and that it was time for him to go.

He had to watch his mom cry and cry about it.

He had to watch his mom beg them to do something, anything to help.

He had to watch his mom fall apart once they went home.

H had to watch and hear his mom yell at God for taking away the love of her life.

He had to watch his mom cry her eyes out at the funeral.

He had to watch as his mom sent him to live with Scott for a while, saying that she is simply "not in a good condition to take care of him right now".

But that was the one that hurt Mitch the most.

It felt like a huge knife was pressed into his stomach. His mom didn't want to take care of him.

Mitch didn't understand that she was grieving and just needed time alone, all he heard was that his mom was kicking him out of the house for a while because she didn't want him to be around.

And then it hit him, his father is dead. A week later it hit him like a giant school bus.

He doesn't have a dad.

He ran into his room and shut the door, locking it.

He started to have a panic attack, making it hard on him to breath. Tears ran down his cheeks as he tried his best to dial Scott's number.

The phone rang.

Rang.

Rang.

Rang.

Rang.

Until,

"Hi baby". Came through the phone.

Mitch sobbed out and tried his hardest to breath but to no avail.

"Mitchie, baby, it's okay. Breathe honey. It's gonna be okay. I'm on my way. Okay"?

Mitch sobbed again and tried his best to answer him. "O-o-k-k-a-ay". He forced out of his mouth.

"Stay on the phone with me, okay sweetheart".

Mitch just hummed in response, struggling to breathe.

He continued to sob and sob as he heard Scott's car start up on the other end. He sobbed louder.

"It's okay, love. I'm on my way. It's okay". Scott continued to repeat over and over and over again.

It took only five minutes until Scott said, "I'm pulling into your street, okay? I'm gonna hang up now, please don't do anything".

Mitch hummed again in response and he heard the call end. He threw his phone on the ground and crawled up into his bed.

He hugged his knees into his chest and tried his hardest to breathe, the sobs escaping his lips not helping.

He heard the door open and two second later, he felt arms wrap around him and someone pull him into his lap.

He immediately knew it was Scott and curled into his chest, sobbing louder and louder.

"Don't cry, baby. It's okay, don't cry". Scott whispered in his ear.

Scott tightened his arms around Mitch as he sobbed more, the sound hurting Scott's heart to the very core.

Mitch held onto Scott like his life depended on it.

As the minutes passed by, Mitch calmed down more and more, sobbing less and less.

When Mitch was finally calm, Scott shifted to a more comfortable position and pulled Mitch impossibly closer to him.

Scott kissed his head. "What's wrong, baby"? Scott asked.

"M-my m-mom is sending me away to live with y-you because she can't take c-care of me any-m-more".

"Aw, baby, I'm so sorry".

Mitch pushed himself off of Scott's chest and looked up at Scott.

Scott's heart broke at the tear tracks and red runners eyes that looked at him.

"Can we just l-leave p-please"? Mitch asked.

Scott nodded. "Yeah, go ahead and pack your stuff".

Mitch got off of Scott, wiping his tears as he walked towards his closet, he pulled out a suitcase and started to pack.