97

Saturday:

"Are you ready to go hang out with my parents?" Scott asked.

Mitch nodded, "Yeah, I am. I look okay, right?"

"Absolutely, breathtakingly, beautiful, my sweet babygirl."

Mitch blushed, looking down with a little giggle.

Scott smiled at him and pecked his lips, "It's all true, babydoll."

Mitch blushed a little more, "Thanks, baby."

"You're welcome, are you ready?"

Mitch nodded, taking Scott's hand and letting Scott lead him out of their bedroom.

They walked down the hallway, taking a right and walking down the shorter hallway to the kitchen and living room.

Scott's parents were sitting on the couch, talking and laughing with each other when they walked in.

Scott smiled at them as they walked closer.

Mitch got a bit weary as they got closer and stopped in his tracks, accidentally yanking Scott back in the process.

Scott stumbled a bit, making some noise, which caused Scott's parents to look over at them.

Meanwhile, Scott's worried eyes were focused on Mitch. Mitch got nervous with all the attention he just drew to himself and just looked Scott in the eyes, shaking his head.

Scott walked closer to him, blocking Mitch's view of Scott's parents and Scott's parents' view of Mitch.

Scott sighed, "Baby, do you need some time alone."

Mitch looked down, "No, I just-.. I got scared. I'm sorry."

Scott kissed his forehead, then pulled back to look Mitch in the eyes, "No need to apologize, my love."

Mitch giggled, looking down and licking his lips.

Scott smile at him, "Are you alright, now?"

Mitch nodded meekly and they continued to walk towards Scott's parents, who turned back around and started up another conversation, giving the two some privacy.

Scott smiled as they sat across from Rick and Connie.

Connie smiled at the two of them, Mitch's hand intertwined with Scott's, "Hi you two." She said, "I thought you'd never come out of that room."

Scott rolled his eyes playfully, "Whatever mom."

Rick laughed a little, "Yes, what were y'all doing in there?" He asked.

Mitch pursed his lips and looked away, a bit ashamed.

Scott sighed, "Nothing that is any of your concern." Scott replied. It wasn't a sassy, bratty, reply. He said it in a way of letting his parents know it wasn't a good subject.

They both got the message, Connie nodding her head as she said, "Alright. Sorry for prying. How've you been, Mitch?" She asked.

Mitch put up a fake smile, still quite embarrassed about being so insecure earlier, "I'm good, and how're you?"

Connie smiled sweetly, "I'm well. You look very good. The no-makeup-look suites you. You're very pretty."

Mitch smiled brightly, more genuine this time, "Thank you! That's very nice of you. You look good as well."

"Well thank you honey."

"Of course." Mitch said, kind of ending their conversation.

Mitch looked over at Scott, who had gotten up with his dad to stand out on the back porch and talk, Mitch had barley felt Scott's hand slip out of his.

Mitch felt a hand on his knee and looked up to see Connie, now sitting beside him with a worried look, "Are you alright?" Connie asked.

"Oh! Yes, I am fine. I just had been wondering where Scott was and I see that he is out on the back porch. Had you said something to me?"

"Yes. I was just saying that I am sorry for your loss, of your father, I mean. Was he a good man?"

Mitch pursed his lips, nodding, "Yes, he was a very good man. He struggled quite a lot with trying to understand my sexuality but he was never judgmental, only curious and protective."

Connie smiled, "That's good, honey."

"Yes, I would say so."

"And your mother, have you heard anything from her."

Mitch closed his eyes and sighed, it had been quite sometime that someone had asked of his mother. Mitch didn't know quite how long he'd been away from her and living with Scott, but it's been a few months.

"I don't know how she is, I mean... you know the situation..."

Connie nodded, "Yes... I'm afraid I do. I'm very sorry."

"Don't be. Good things come out of bad. My Scottie had been here the whole time and now I have a beautiful promise ring, as well as he, and I'm living with the man I'm in love with. Some would say it's a dream." Mitch said.

He looked down at the promise ring on his left ring finger, smiling. It was a simple ring, sure, but held so much more value than anyone would ever know. To Mitch, this ring meant everything. It symbolizes Scott's undying love for him, Scott's promise to marry him one day and a symbol of Scott completely giving himself to the one he loves most.

That's priceless.