125

Mitch hugged Kirstie as she walked in to their home, "Hey, girlie," he said.

She smiled at him and pecked his cheek, "Hey, where's your boy?" She asked.

Mitch smiled widely, "He's in the kitchen talking to Michael about dinner. Is there anything specific you want cooked?"

"No. You having me here is enough."

"Awe... I really hope everything is okay."

She sucked in a breath and nodded, "I think it will be. I know what I want to do and I'm sticking to it. I just really need to tell you," she said.

Mitch smiled slightly at her and nodded, "Okay. As long as you're alright and no one did anything to hurt you."

Scott walked in then, "Hey Kirst," he said, smiling and walking up to Mitch, putting an arm around him and kissing the top of his head, "How're you?" He asked.

Kirstie smiled at Scott, "I'm good. I heard we were eating an exceptional dinner cooked by Michael."

"You'd be absolutely correct. You know he's the best."

Kirstie chuckled a little, "Yeah, I do."

Mitch grabbed Scott's hand to get Scott's attention. Scott looked down at him, brows raised in question and small smile on his face.

"I'm sorry to interrupt but I just realized we don't have the movie we were talking about watching." Mitch said.

"Oh... you're right-"

"As always." Mitch interrupted.

Scott chuckled, "Yes, as always. I'll go get it from the store."

Mitch pecked Scott's lips, "Thank you. Hurry back, you know I can't stand not having your arms around me."

Scott rolled his eyes, "I know. You're very high maintenance, Love."

Mitch pecked Scott's cheek, then hummed, "You haven't used that nickname in awhile. I like that one."

"More than babygirl?"

"Never. Or your pretty German nicknames. But add 'love' to the list."

"Will do, baby girl," Scott then looked at Kirstie, "Would you like anything from the store?"

Kirstie, who was staring at their whole cute interactions, now looked up at Scott, "Oh, um... I don't know, maybe popcorn for the movie. Some snacks. And soda?" She asked.

"Of course. Is there anything you want, Mitchie?"

"Peach rings, please." He said with a smile.

"Sure, Love. I'll be back in thirty minutes. Make sure Nichole is cleaning the upstairs for you two? And Kirstie, if you need anything, just ask Mitch or Nichole and I'm sure they can help. I know you've been here before but we've moved a lot of stuff around."

Kirstie nodded, "I will."

Scott smiled and grabbed his keys off of the hook, by the front door, and opened the door, closing it behind him.

Mitch turned his attention to Kirstie, grabbing her hand and pulling her towards the living room, "Sooooo, wanna pop some champagne. Kinda a tradition with us on sleep overs."

Kirstie looked at him, "Yeah, sure. Maybe later though, during the movie?"

Mitch nodded, "Sure girl. Do you want anything? I think I'm just gonna put on my black and white TV show. Wanna watch with?"

"No, I don't need anything and yes I'll watch with." She replied.

Mitch smiled and ran towards the couch, grabbing the fussy blue blanket off the back of the couch and unfolded it, placing it over him and Kirstie when they sat down. He grabbed the remote off of the coffee table and turned the TV on. The black ad white channel was already on, seeing as he uses the TV the most and leaves it there for the next time he wants to watch it.

The two snuggled under the blankets and cuddled up.

Nichole walked in a few moments later, "Hey, Mitchie. Hi, Kirstie. I'm on my way to clean the upstairs. Is there anything specific you want done?"

Mitch smiled politely, "No I don't think so. But thank you for doing so."

"Oh it's my job, sweetie. Of course. I'm happy to do it."

"Well, thank you still."

"My pleasure." Nichole said, walking away towards the upstairs.

Mitch turned his attention back towards the TV. The white woman and the black man. His favorite one. The woman was in the nursing room, in their house, picking her baby out of the crib, singing an old tune. The baby's cries stopped immediately as the woman rocked the infant in her arms.

"There you go, no crying now," the woman said. Soon, the baby started to drift back to sleep. She carefully set the baby back into the crib, making sure the baby wouldn't cry again before sneaking back out of the room.

Kirstie turned to Mitch, "I have to talk to you."