116

Short filler chapter but a tiny bit heart wrenching for sure.

Love y'all and hope you enjoy this chappy!!!

*****

Friday:

"Baby, what do we need from the grocery store?" Scott asked Mitch, sitting on one of the bar stools at the kitchen counter/bar area.

Mitch was making himself a sandwich because he was still hungry after school and everyone knows how grumpy he gets when he's hungry.

Mitch shrugged, "I dunno."

Scott raised a brow, "Can you check?"

Mitch grumbled something about Scott doing it himself, like I said, grumpy when hungry. He opened the fridge and listed off things they needed.

"Okay uh, Eggs, chocolate milk, cheese, orange juice, oh we need bread too. The kind I like please. And ummm..." he turned his body to look at Scott, "oh! Chocolate, like, my favorite kind with the different fillings?"

Scott chuckled, writing all of it down on a white piece of paper, "Okay, princess."

Mitch smiled sheepishly and closed the fridge, turning back to making his sandwich.

"Do you wanna stay here or come with me?" Scott asked.

"I think I might stay here. Watch my black and white TV show."

Scott chuckled, "I always meant to ask why you like the black and white shows so much. They seem so boring and... plain," he made a face.

Mitch giggled, shrugging, "There's so much heartbreak in it, if you look closely. At the time, there was a lot of racism going on, even worse than now, wars are going on everywhere, people fighting, arguing, and then, there's this couple. The man is black and the woman is white. Their love is so forbidden back then, they were shamed so much for it they... they really had to fight for it and it just-.. it reminds me of us. Of how we are."

Scott's brows drew together as Mitch finally looked up at him, "In what way?"

"Everyone hating that we're together. The Italian boy and the the German boy. Everyone else doesn't know how much we fight for each other," a tear rolled down his cheek, quickly wiping it, "How many times we've almost walked our separate ways, especially in the beginning of our relationship. How many times you- you could've just walked away from me. When I told you about my self-harm. When my dad died. When I freak out on you. We fight for each other and we fight hard." A few more tears as Scott came around the counter to hug Mitch, pulling him into his chest and hoping his sadness away.

Mitch placed his cheek on Scott's chest so he could talk without his voice being muffled, "It's like, nothing else matters because we love each other. Like when we're with each other, we don't give a shit about anyone else and what they think of us...."

"I love you, baby girl. I'll fight for you everyday of the week, anytime and anywhere. I would never walk away from you, got that? I promised you at the beginning of this relationship that I wouldn't run."

"Even when you hate me?" Mitch whispered.

"Even when I hate you. Because love isn't about always loving the person every second of the day. It's about choosing to continue to love them even when they hurt you, let you down, and especially when you hate each other at the moment."

Mitch sniffed, pulling away from Scott's chest, "I love you."

"Always forever?"

Mitch chuckled, "Always forever."

Scott pulled Mitch back in to him, kissing the top of his head, "Good," his voice muffled by Mitch's hair, "I love you too. Always forever."

*