137

First update for awhile. Really needed that time off and have many many ideas for this book now! Thanks for the people who continue to come back and to everyone who support this book and me!

This is the first chapter of Week Of Updated (WOU) and starting off with a little drama, small cliffhanger.

Get ready for a whole week of drama, fluff, smut, cliffhangers, and absolute heartbreak.

I've been asked to give away a hint for what's to come in this book and all I can say is that it's going to be bigger heartbreak than all the heartbreaks in this book combined so frfr good luck!

Love y'all and hope you enjoy this chappy!

****

As Scott and Mitch walked out of school, Alex ran to catch up with them.

"Hey," Alex said, out of breath as he now walked beside Scott, "Mind if I join you two for lunch?"

Scott shook his head, "Not at all."

"Good, I didn't have anyone to eat lunch with and I don't like eating alone. I hope I'm not interrupting a date or anything."

Mitch smiled at him, "Of course you're not, you're always welcome to eat with us," then Mitch looked at Scott, "Did you decide where you wanna eat."

"I don't understand why you can't pick?"

"Because I always pick. It's your turn."

"Baby.... what if I pick something you don't like?"

Mitch rolled his eyes, sticking his hand down Scott's back pocket for his keys, "I eat everything, I'll like whatever you pick," Mitch said, unlocking the doors to Scott's car and jumping in.

As Scott rounded the car, Mitch put the key in the ignition and started the car, leaning back and buckling in.

Scott opened the door and got in, buckling himself in and putting the car in drive.

"Better pick quickly." Mitch said, hooking his phone up to the Bluetooth.

"I really just want you to pick."

"Don't you know me well enough to know what places I like?" Mitch questioned, looking up with his eyes and raising a brow.

"Baby you know damn well I know you best. However, I hate choosing things for people. Like what food they're gonna end up eating."

Mitch shook his head, "I'm not picking this time, babyboy. You can pick."

Scott rolled his eyes and turned right, "Don't be upset when I stop calling you baby girl."

Mitch played a song and set his phone down, squinting at Scott, "Um, excuse me?"

"I'm just saying. Maybe I'll take away the cute names in German too..."

"You. Are. A. Complete ass. And a baby. Just pick. You're being a man child."

"Fine fine. We'll eat at Olive Garden?"

"Is that a question or a statement?"

"I don't know. Do you like Olive Garden?"

"We go every other week so I would say yes."

"Okay... that's where we're going then.."

Mitch rolled his eyes and turned his body to look back at Alex, "Sorry, Lex, I almost totally forgot about you. If Scott
wasn't being a man child, I would've been talking to you. How've you been?"

"It's all good. I've been doing well, finishing up the football season."

"About that, Scott won't tell me why he hasn't been able to do the last couple games..." Mitch trailed off, hoping Alex would just tell him.

Scott gave Alex a pointed look through the rear view mirror, "Don't." He said.

"No, I wanna know," Mitch whined, "What'd he do that was so awful."

"Well he kinda-"

"No, Alex." Scott interrupted.

Mitch furrowed his brows, "Baby, you're keeping secrets from me."

"Honey no. It's just not important." Scott said.

Scott knows that if he tells Mitch about what happened, he'll get the whole 'don't do that. That doesn't work in college' speech again.

"Well if it's not really that important, you should just tell me." Mitch tried to reason, ready to turn around what Scott says to force what happened out of Scott.

"Nope. You don't need to know about it, you'll stress and spend all day giving me a speech."

"Well it's obviously important because it's something I would lecture you about."

Alex spoke up, "Guys, it's not worth the fight. Just drop it."

Mitch shrugged and turned in his chair, "Yeah well were not suppose to keep secrets from each other but apparently that only works on my end." Mitch grumbled.

Scott sighed, "Mitch, come on sweet girl, don't be like that."

"Don't call me that."

"I don't want you to be upset. Why don't we just talk about this when we get to the house, after school. It's really not a big deal and not worth us ignoring each other all day, alright?"

"Well if it's not worth it then just tell me. You're being such a -"

"We will have a conversation in private and that's final." Scott snapped, looking at Mitch with a hard face to get his point across.

Mitch's heart jumped at the sound of Scott's voice, and not the good kind of jump. Scott was scary when he was angry, his voice louder and deeper than anything you've ever heard. And when he yelled, Mitch had mini panic attacks because Scott's yelling was too much for him.

But Scott didn't know that because they don't get in huge fights where Scott puts on that voice very often. And if Scott did know, you know Scot would be pulling over to hold Mitch and apologize right now.

But Scott kept driving, his hard gaze on the road and Mitch turned to look out the window, a now awkward Alex sitting in the back seat.

Mitch let his heart racing calm down, and his teary eyes sink back in. Ready to put on a smile and look like everything was fine.