144

Had some time today and decided to put up a chapter and it actually ended up being a pretty long chapter.

Right now, I'm in the middle of WEEK OF UPDATES for 05FM and after this week I'll return to my regular updating schedule.

Love y'all and hope you enjoy this chappy!!!

***

"My mom called today, invited me to thanksgiving at my grandparents."

They were both sitting at the kitchen counter, eating breakfast.

"And, what did you say?"

Mitch shrugged, "I don't know. I haven't talked to her in more than half a year. I mean, I said I'd think about it but I just don't know if I want to."

"Well, I think we should go."

"Scott-"

"No, I know, you still haven't forgiven her. She Kicked you out. I still think you need to get over yourself and go."

"I'm not going, Scott. I don't have to go if I don't want to and oh! look at that, I don't want to."

Scott squinted at him, "Don't take a tone with me. I'm sick of you avoiding her. You need to go and talk to her because one day, she'll die and you won't have a chance to patch things up with her."

"I don't want to patch things up with her. She was shitty to me, a shitty mother. I dont want to talk to her."

"Mitch, you should talk to her. Its time to take a step forward and talk to her, like you should've done when she was in the hospital because, again, she could've died."

"Would you stop holding that over my head. If we're taking a step forward then how bout you stop bringing that up."

"Well if we're taking a step forward how about you start excepting that what you did was a shitty thing to do."

Mitch rolled his eyes and turned his his chair just to stare down at his plate of food.

"Mitch, come on, you need to stop making up excuses and fuckin talk to your mom."

Mitch stayed silent, still staring down at his plate.

Scott sighed, "Alright, whats wrong?"

Silence.

"Come on, Mitch. Fucking talk to me. I can't understand you if you don't open your mouth and speak to me."

"I don't need another lecture from you about my mom and how I feel about her."

"I'm not trying to lecture you but if I have something to say then I'm gonna say it. Now, stop bein silent and talk to me."

"I haven't forgiven her. I'm not ready to see her. I'm scared. Scared that shes gonna be exactly how she was when she kicked me out."

Scott sighed, "Mitch, I know how you feel about her but you need to push your feelings aside and actually talk to her. Don't make assumptions on whats going to happen and then allow that to stop you."

Mitch shook his head, "I knew you wouldn't understand."

"No Mitch, I don't understand because some people don't have parents. Some peoples parents are dead and they don't have the chance to be close with them anymore. Once, your mom was your best friend and she messed up, she fucking messed up big, but stop holding that over her head."

"Scott.."

"Listen, I know I'm being harsh right now and I'm being an ass but you need to hear me on this. Mitch, my mom doesn't care that she never sees me, neither does my dad, but your mom wants to patch things up with you and you need to give her a chance."

"Scott your parents-"

"No, we're talking about you right now."

"Scott they do care-"

"Mitch." Scott said in a warning tone, narrowing his eyes at Mitch.

Mitch sighed, "Scott, I see where you're coming from but this is different."

"No, its not. Mitch you should've seen your mom when she was in the hospital because she could've died and you then you would've been one of those kids who didn't have parents and-"

"Are you fucking kidding me? How fucking dare you? Stop holding what happened when she was in the hospital over my damn head."

"Mitch I know you, and you get defensive every time you know I'm right but won't except it."

Mitch scoffed, "Fuck off, Scott."

"Don't even start being like that."

"I don't want to see her, I don't forgive her and you're not changing my mind about that so just give it up."

"No, You need to push your feelings aside-"

"And what? talk to the bitch who kicked me out?"

"Yes. You're being ignorant."

Mitch turned back to his plate, picking up is fork and playing with his food while staring at his plate.

"Mitch I know I'm being harsh but come on, Honey, your mom wants to talk to you, probably to apologize. She wants to see you, wants to patch things up and you're refusing to? That's a pretty shitty thing to do. I know what she did is almost unforgivable. Almost. It's been over half a year, it's time to start forgiving her and moving on. Do you understand where I'm coming from?"

Mitch bit his lip and sucked in a breath, nodding, "Yeah," he said in a whisper.

"Are you sure? Because if I'm not being clear then I need to make myself clear."

"I'm sure."

"Then what time are we going to your grandparents?"

"Two o'clock."

They sat in silence for a bit. Mitch still playing with his food and staring at his plate while Scott kept his eyes on Mitch. Scott could practically feel sadness radiating off of him.

Scott stood from his chair, grabbing the fork in Mitchs hands and putting it down on the plate then grabbing Mitch by the hips to rotate Mitch around in his chair so that he was facing Scott. Scott tilted Mitchs chin up and leaned down, capturing Mitchs lips in a kiss. The kiss was slow, Mitchs bottom lip between Scotts lips. Scott pulled away from the kiss and pulled Mitch to his chest, putting an arm around Mitchs shoulders and a hand on the back of Mitchs head.

Scott knows he was being harsh, knows he was being a little shitty and a bit of an ass but he also knew that Mitch needed to hear what he had to say and knew that Mitch would regret not patching things up with his mom if she were to die.

"I love you, Mitchie," Scott said, kissing the top of Mitchs head, "And i really hope i didn't hurt your feelings or make you upset because I would never want to intentionally hurt you."

Mitch sniffed, "Its okay, I love you too, baby."