44

Question. Did y'all get a notification for chapter 43?

If not, go back and read it bc this chapter will NOT make sense if you don't read 43.

That's all.

Love y'all and hope you enjoy this chappy!!!

******

Mitch POV

Scott and I sat on my bed. My mom was at the hospital with my dad, he hasn't passed away but they think he will soon.

My mom is really worried and I feel bad for her, she really did love him.

He was a good man at heart, I just wished he show it to me a little more.

I could see Scott turn to me out of the corner of my eye. I felt his hand find its way to my leg.

"Are you okay, Love"? He asked.

I haven't told him how I feel about the situation so far and it's really sweet that he's checking on me, I can feel the worry in his voice.

I smiled a little and looked up into his eyes. "Yeah-, yeah I'm fine". I answered in a soft voice.

He didn't look reassured and I know he isn't. He worries too much about me, he's always asking if I'm okay, even on normal, plain days.

He tilted his head to the side, something he always does when he's overfilling with emotion and just wants me to talk to him.

I pouted at him, I hate that look, it hits me in the stomach like a giant punch. He's seems so sad, I can see it in his eyes.

I set my hand on his cheek and rubbed my thumb over his cheek bone, reassuringly.

I pecked his lips, soft and passionate, then pulled away.

"I'm okay, baby, I promise". I whispered, still so close to his face that I can feel his breath on my lips.

He nodded slowly but I can tell he's still not convinced.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Scott, if you want to say something, say it, babe". I said.

He cleared his throat. "I just-..... I can tell you're not okay or... that you're hiding something from me. Just, please.. please tell me".

I pout. "Baby...".

"Please, Mitchy".

I shook my head and laid down, pulling him on top of me. "Let's not talk right now, okay? I just want to hold you".

Scott sighed against my chest and nodded his head.