133

Scott wiped his mouth and put his napkin down on the tray, pushing it to the side towards the end of the bed, and turning to face Mitch.

Mitch was sitting on the couch on the right side of the room, in the far corner, sat back and eyes looking down. He played with his fingers, biting his lip in thought.

Scott frowned, sighing. He got off the bed and walked towards Mitch, crouching down at Mitch's eye level. Mitch looked up when Scott caught his eye, giving Scott a small smile.

"Baby girl... what's on that pretty mind of yours?" Scott asked, setting his hand on Mitch's knee.

Mitch chewed on his bottom lip, patting the spot beside him and looking up at Scott.

Scott nodded and got up, sitting beside Mitch and taking Mitch's hand in his.

"Honey what's going on? We're not.... b-breaking up are-are we?" Scott asked, voice wavering at the thought of loosing Mitch.

"Oh, baby boy. No no, I'd never. You just... well you said something last night and I'm kinda concerned about it. I just thought we needed to talk."

"Did I- did I say something to upset you?"

"Kinda."

"Did I hurt you?"

"Well I- it's just hard to explain."

"Try, baby. You've really got me concerned.."

"You said," Mitch stopped to clear his throat, "You said that when I fall asleep you- y-you um cry because you're scared I'm g-gonna l-leave you and that-"

"I said that? I told you that?"

"Yeah."

Scott shook his head, "No, baby, I was drunk," Scott said, laughing bitterly, "I didn't even-even know what I was saying."

"Scott...."

"I don't, Mitch, I don't do that. Why would I?"

"Scott, you don't have to lie to me. It's okay."

"It's not because I don't do that."

"Please Scott. I know when you're lying and you're looking into my eyes and lying to me. We never lie to each other. Why are you lying to me now?"

Scott shook his head, looking down, "Mitch.." he whispered, "I was just being stupid, alright?"

"Scottie, baby please. Please don't lie to me..."

"I just don't want to talk about it Mitch."

"So you cry when I go to sleep?"

"You make me sound like a fuckin wuss."

"No, Scottie no. That breaks my heart, baby. Why would I ever leave you."

"I don't deserve you."

"Does anyone really deserve anything? Scott, I want you. I love you. I wanna fucking marry you. Im not staying here, by your side, just to leave."

"What if I run you away?"

"You could never."

"But what if I do. What if I get too much too handle. Step too far. Yell too loud. Get protective too much. Want too much from you. Hurt you somehow.."

"You'd never hurt me," Mitch whispered, "You could never run me away."

"I just love you. I don't want you to leave. I don't want to fuck up.."

"We've been together for three years, why is this happening now? Why are you suddenly so afraid?"

"I want to marry you. I want to be with you. But I fuck everything up. We argue like a married couple. Cuddle like two friends who are scared to say they like each other. Blush at each other's compliments like when you first start dating. Kiss like we're going to loose each other any second. And, god, if i lost you..."

Mitch sighed and put a hand on Scott's face, making Scott look at him, "I, Scott Hoying, love you. A lot. And I'm not leaving. Not now, not tomorrow, not next week, not next month, not next year. Not fucking ever. You're mine, my gorgeous boyfriend, my beautiful husband, and I'd be damned if I let you slip through my fingers.."