91

Very long chapter, also very heartbreaking so good luck.

Also, I already have three chapters of my new book '13 Reasons Why' up and make sure you read the description and the A/N at the end of the description because it has a very important message. Then, add it to your libraries and start reading it. I'm proud of the first three chapters and can't wait for the rest.

Love y'all and hope you enjoy this chappy!!!!

*****

Wednesday:

"Scott, I've told you many times that you don't have to walk me to this class. You have another class on the other side of the building and if you get one more tardy then you'll have consequences." Mitch said with a heavy sigh.

Scott intertwined their fingers, bringing their hands up to plant a kiss on Mitch's knuckles.

"You don't have to worry about me but I've seen Chris in the halls earlier, which means I do have to worry about you."

Mitch gulped. Chris had been absent for a very long time and the time that Chris did show up at school, Mitch was sick. The name made him want to vomit.

"U-uh, you're right. Thanks for walking me to c-class."

Scott frowned and stopped walking to face Mitch. Mitch stopped in his tracks as well, looking up at Scott.

"Hey," Scott said, putting a hand on Mitch's cheek, "don't get like that, babygirl. I know you're scared of him but it'll be just fine. Be your confident little self that you've been lately, okay?"

Mitch nodded and sighed, closing his eyes before re-opening them.

Scott's right, as always. Mitch has been so confident these past weeks and he shouldn't let Chris mess with that.

But that party.... No! Mitch quickly shook that from his mind. He didn't want to think about it and get scared.

They started walking again, Scott giving Mitch's hand a reassuring squeeze.

The only people left in the hall were them and a few other jocks that refuse to go to class early, even after the bell rings.

Scott use to be like that, before Mitch. He use to just stand in the halls till he got caught and got a suspension. He was even like that for, at least, a year into them dating.

Of course, Mitch forced him to get off his lazy ass and actually try a little bit in school.

Mitch was lost in thought while Scott was very aware of his surroundings. If Scott even saw Chris walki- oh... there he is.

Scott let go of Mitch's hand to slip an arm around Mitch's waist and pull Mitch as close to him as possible. Mitch stumbled a little bit but caught his balance.

"Scott, wha-" Mitch stopped when he saw Chris walk past them.

Scott made sure to give him a hard glare as in a silent saying, 'come near him and I'll chop your hand off'. And, knowing Scott, he would.

Chris side-glanced them as he walked past but didn't say anything, not one word. He didn't make any movements to show that he was going to do anything at all.

Mitch let out a breath he'd been holding the whole time as Chris got further away from them.

***

Scott had texted Mitch during class just to make sure he was okay and well and that Chris hadn't somehow done anything.

Mitch texted back within the second, which made Scott worry but Scott soon relaxed when he saw the actual text itself.