130

This chapter is kinda short, just a tiny bit heartbreaking, and very much needed for the next chapter. So make sure you read this one!

Question, would you rather me update on Tuesday or Monday?? Instead of Wednesday.

Make sure you tell me so I can figure in out and have four days out of the week that I update my books.

Love y'all and hope you enjoy this chappy!!!

****

Mitch refused to drink anything more than one beer, saying he had to get Scott home safely.

Scott thanked Mitch a thousand times that night and it only got more repetitive the more Scott had to drink. Mitch just started kissing him to shut him up, and after the kiss Scott couldn't even remember what he was rambling on about.

Mitch let Scott drink as much as he wanted, seeing as it was Scott's birthday and he knew Scott wouldn't celebrate his birthday without getting hammered.

Mitch invited all of Scott's friends from high school, middle school, and even some from elementary that Scott was close with, just for old times sake.

Mitch was now watching as Scott had his arm around Avi, the two hammered and jumping up and down to the beat of the music. Mitch smiled at the two, keeping himself by the bar and keeping an eye on Scott the whole time. Although, Mitch was honestly waiting for the next time Scott slipped on the sand and fell.

Suddenly, Scott was at Mitch's side ordering another beer from the bartender and smiled drunkly at Mitch.

"You knowww," Scott slurred, "You're like, just, like, really pretty." He finally got out of his mouth.

Mitch giggled and took Scott's hand in his, "Well thank you. You're very pretty too, Scottie."

"Oh! I love it when you call me that. Although the giant jock that I usually am would never admit that to you. Don't tell him I told you that!"

Mitch shook his head and laughed, "I won't tell jockey Scottie that you said anything, drunk boy."

Scott tilted his head to the side, "Drunk boy? I dunno what that means."

Mitch rolled his eyes, "Its a superhero name," he said, half joking and half hoping Scott would get really excited about it.

"Oh my god! Ima superhero?!"

Mitch knew it was cruel to go on but could you blame him? It's a once in a lifetime that he gets to see Scott like this. So, he smirked, "Yup, a superhero, babe." He said.

"I'm youuurrrr babe."

Mitch giggled again, "Yeah. You're my babe."

The bartender set Scott's drink down beside him but Scott didn't take notice.

"You wanna know something else jockey Scottie would never tell you?" Scott asked.

"Sure, baby boy."

"He gets like, really really sad when his mom and dad aren't home. And he hates it when they leave."

Mitch hummed, taking a sip of Scott's beer, "I already knew that."

"Oh.... wanna know something else then?"

"Go ahead."

"Jockey Scottie is super scared he's going to loose you. Sometimes he feels like he's not good enough for you and you'll just get up and leave him. And sometimes, when you fall asleep, he'll cry really really really hard about it because he doesn't want Mitchie to know."

Mitch's smiled slowly turned into a frown while Scott told him this. It might've been the most heartbreaking thing he's heard from Scott in awhile.

Mitch took a deep breath and squeezed Scott's hand, "Well, you tell jockey Scottie that I love him so much and that he will always be the one for me. And that I'm not going anywhere because we're gonna get married and live happily ever after. Tell him he has nothing to worry about. That I still wear my promise ring for a reason. I'm sticking around. Forever." Mitch said.

Scott nodded slowly, "O-okay. I don't think I'll remember all of that when I wake up though. I have like short term memory loss or something when I wake up from a night of being really happy."

"That's okay. I'll make sure Scott gets the message then. I'll tell him."

"I don't think he'll like that. He didn't want you to know."

"Well I need to talk to him about it. To make him feel better. Is that okay?"

Scott smiled brightly, "Sure! He really needs to feel better."

Mitch smiled back at Scott and handed Scott his beer, their hands untangling from each other, "Here you go," Mitch said, "Go have fun, my baby boy. It'll be a rough morning."