16-Jeongchan : One Side

A/N
I realized that I've been writing A LOT of Jeongchan and I think it may be because it's ligit my bias and bias wrecker. (Jeongin=bias Chan=bias wrecker) But I've also gotten many more requests for Jeongchan.

Which I'm stunned that I've gotten 0 requests for the royal ship of SK, Changlix. Do I not have any big Changlix readers on here? Or are all of them quiet readers? I'm quiet reader most of the time too so it's cool.

Also, I finished this quicker than planned. So, yeah.

Anyways, here's your oneshot!!

Requested by : @Bookie_Choy

I thanked them already for this, but again, thank you.

Title: One Side

Ship: Jeongchan

"AGGHH!!" The device flew across the room, hitting the window that the older used to go through.

He did not come tonight, and this upset Jeongin.

The boy took a deep breath as he blinked tears away, not caring for the possible broken phone that sat on his wooden floor. This would have been the second phone he had broken this week. He was lucky his mother spoiled him.

He wiped his tears when his mother knocked on the door.

"Dear?"

"Sorry, mom." Jeongin apologized, the bedroom door opening.

"What's the matter?" She asked. "Is he not responding again?" She asked, concern evident in her voice. She cared deeply for her son. But tried to keep from being all up in his business.

"Yeah. He promised me he would text me if he wasn't going to come." Jeongin signed, looking down into his lap.

His mother walked in, walking towards the phone that had a shattered screen. The glass was all over the floor.

His mother sighed, looking back at her son.

"Please try not to break another phone. Money doesn't grow on trees, dear."

Jeongin nodded, sniffing.

She left the room, knowing her son would clean the mess when he the energy to do so.

"Why do I love you, Bang Chan?" Jeongin whispered, taking a shaky deep breath.

"I know you don't see me in that way, I'm just a little brother to you but, the least you could do is be honest with me. Try to keep your promises." Jeongin said, letting out his anger, slowly.

He tucked himself in bed, knowing he would the older tomorrow at school. Not often, but he would still see him.

At least, he hoped so.

Jeongin arrived at school, walking to his home room classroom. He would always arrive early to the classroom, as it was empty.

He could write his short stories about things he could relate to.

Things being his-believed to be-one sided love.

He plugged his earbuds in and pulled out a blank sheet of lined piece of paper. He ignored everything around him.

Class soon started and he hid the things away.

Later that day, he sat at outside with his friends for lunch. Chan being missing from the circle. But Jeongin being the only one to really notice.

That is, until Chan's voice had rung in their ears.

"Guys!"

Jeongin turned his head to the oldest of the group, immediately regretting it. His chest exploring a new growing pain.

Chan was holding hands with a girl.

He stared, blinking as he did not believe what his eyes were sending to his brain.

"Everyone, this is Eunso. My new girlfriend." Chan smiled.

Everyone gasped before cheering.

Everyone but Jeongin. After awhile of staring, he too joined in on the cheering. But keeping it minimum to a clap.

His heart hurt too much to actually cheer loudly for Chan.

Jeongin stared at the screen that he held in his hand, waiting for a response from the older. But he did not even see that words 'read' on his phone.

He took a deep breath, feeling as if, Chan did not want him around anymore.

"Can I confess?" Jeongin asked, shutting his phone off and placing it next to him. "If I loose you as a friend, I could just move schools to escape embarrassment, right?" Jeongin stared out the window.

His phone vibrated, signaling that Chan had finally texted him back.

Jeongin did not even have the strength to look at the new message.

Jeongin stood in the boys bathroom, waiting for Chan to show up like he had asked. In which, he eventually did.

"Jeongin, what's up?" Chan said, his face dropping when he saw the younger was looking down.

"Hyung, I have something to tell you." Jeongin said.

"I'm all ears. You can tell me anything."

"I love you."

"I love you, too-"

"No! I love you as in I want to be more than just friends. I want to call you mine b-bu-but I know th-that will ne-e-ver happen 'cause you lo-ove someone else." Jeongin broke down into uncontrollable sobs, feeling weak in his knees.

He started to fall but was caught by Chan who hugged him close, shushing him. He continuously told him that it was okay but Jeongin knew that it was everything but okay.

He confessed, but then he broke.

His heart could not take it anymore and it snapped. It tore apart he felt as if he lost the feeling to be happy again.

"It's okay."

"No-o it's no-ot." Jeongin cried.

"It is because I love you, too, Jeongin. That girl, I never really had feelings for her. I started dating her in hopes that my feelings would go away for you. But they never did." Chan spoke softly despite the fact that Jeongin was still sobbing quite loudly.

Chan blamed himself for the uncontrollable break down.

"See? It's okay."

Jeongin slowly hugged Chan back, holding tightly onto the older as he continued to cry into his chest. The one that was beating abnormally fast.

He realized, Chan was not joking.

His crying slowly calmed down, and he pulled away from Chan's chest to wipe his tears. But before he could do so, Chan placed his finger under his and lifted it so Jeongin was looking him in the eyes.

He smiled at the younger and came closer to his face, kissing the tears hanging on his jaw and the ones dripping down his face. Jeongin flinched at first with his eyes closed, but did not flinch after the second one. But his eyes stayed closed until after Chan pulled away.

"It's okay, right?" Chan asked, still smiling down at the younger with his hands on his waist.

"Yeah." Jeongin sniffed. And slowly, a smile appeared on his face.

"Now, I have to go break up with Eunso. She won't be too happy. Stay safe, love." Chan pecked Jeongin's nose before turning around and leaving the flustered younger.

Jeongin stood, stunned at the Dream like event that had just happened.

His hands traveled his face, certain places tickling from the kisses that were just placed.

He smiled, widely. How could he have been any more happy?