167-Jeongsung : Mute Picture

Title: Mute Picture

Ship: Jeongsung

Jisung's pencil snapped, a curse leaving his mouth. There goes his last pencil.

He was sitting outside under a tree at the park, finishing up his homework. It was a nice place that was usually just filled with the sound of nature.

Looks as if he was going to have to use his mechanical pencil that was nearly out of led that he did not have. He grabbed his pencil bag and went through it, pulling out his mechanical pencil and putting away his broken one.

As put his pencil bag back in front of him, he saw a boy crouched in front of him, waving. When he saw that he caught Jisung's attention, he pointed out his lips, forming a smile. Jisung noticed the camera in his hands and assumed he wanted a picture of Jisung, so he smiled as he asked.

A light flashed, before the boy sat down and stared at his camera.

"What are you going to do with that?" Jisung asked.

The boy looked up at Jisung, before looking down at his paper. He leaned forward, grabbing Jisung's pencil and writing down his answer.

"I like to take pictures of beautiful people. It's just a hobby. Sometimes I keep them and sometimes I throw them away."

"Oh." Jisung said after he read the letter. "If you don't mind me asking, are you mute?"

The boy nodded with smile.

"I'm learning sign language." Jisung smiled. "So if you know that, go ahead and use it. I'm still learning a few things but I know most of it."

"Thanks." The boy signed. "I lost my voice in an accident. My vocal chords snapped somehow."

Jisung cringed. That must have been awful.

"Wait. Did you call me beautiful?" Jisung finally caught on to what he had said before.

"Can I not?"

"Oh. No no." Jisung shook his head. "It's just, no one has ever called me that."

The boy smiled. He smiled a lot. "I'm Jeongin."

"Jisung."