29-Minsung : It Started With a Pencil

Requested by : @coffeeisspilt

Title: It Started With A Pencil (MinSung P.O.V.)

Ship: MinSung (big jeongchan sideship)

He watched. And he watched. And he watched. And even showed he was jealous but yet, Jisung was so oblivious when he asked the younger boy out.

"I love you!" Minho heard that word almost everyday but yet, it was never meant for him. But for the boy that Minho envied. Jeongin.

It was not until the new boy came he had hope.

"I thought Jeongin was pretty cute. I saw him in Chorus earlier and I got super nervous." Chan explained. "I was kinda disappointed to learn that he was dating someone, though."

This was Minho's chance.

Minho set off to find a book and Chan said he would go help him. Chan knew one of them would get nosy and follow. Felix was the one.

"Minho." Chan started, catching the others attention.

"Snickerdoodle." Chan whispered. Which was code word for, 'this is fake'.

"I need to tell you something." Chan said awkwardly, leaning against the bookshelf.

"Sure. What is it?" Minho asked, turning completely to the boy.

"So, I've liked you for sometime now. Ever since I layed eyes on you, I felt like jumping off a bridge. You're cute. And I want you to go out with me." Chan said, rubbing his arm awkwardly.

Minho widened his eyes as he stared at Chan.

"This isn't some type of cruel joke, is it?" Minho asked. Chan shaking his head.

"Oh my god. Yes! Oh my god! Yes! Yes!" Minho jumped excitedly.

"Okay, shh! We're in a library, idiot." Chan scolded.

Minho giggled and hugged Chan.

They went back to the table with the book they needed and found everyone extra quiet.

"You guys, good?" Minho asked, looking at them.

"So. I may or may not have eavesdropped on you guys. So I heard you're dating now." Felix said.

"Well-" Minho started but was cut off by Jisung.

"Really? Oh my god, I knew it. You two are always hanging around each other." Jisung said.

"But it just happened a few seconds ago."

Chan said.

"And we aren't official." Minho retorted. He was also hurt.

Was their plan not working? Were these two really meant for each other?

Minho chest hurt, but he did not show it.

About a week later, Minho found out that Jeongin had ended things with Jisung and thought maybe his plan was working?

Jisung had asked him to come over, saying everyone else was too busy. That hit him hard as well. He was the last option.

When Minho arrived, he felt pity for the boy who opened the door.

His hair sticking up in different places. His bloodshot eyes. His bruised fists. He was most likely punching things.

"Jisung?" Minho said in disbelief.

Jisung moves aside and let the boy in. He slammed the door shut when Minho arrived inside.

"This is your boyfriend's fault." Jisung sniffed. "Jeongin told me he liked Chan."

Minho stared at him with complete pity. That was part of the plan but, it was not meant to hurt either this much. Minho became a little angry with himself.

Jisung would not have been this hurt if it were not for his feelings.

"Me and Chan were...never dating." Minho started, knowing Jisung deserved to know. Even if he were to get angry at either him or Chan.

"Me and Chan pretended to date because he liked Jeongin, and I liked you." Minho said with a gentle tone. "We never meant to hurt you. We thought if our plan doesn't work, it means you two are meant to be. But if it does, you aren't meant to be." Minho explained.

"You wanted to break us up?" Jisung asked. "Minho Hyung. Why would you-"

"Jisung, things happen for a reason." Minho said, interrupting the younger. "I like you."

Jisung looked down, still hurt. "But I love Jeongin, not you."

Minho sighed, once again, feeling his chest hurt. One; he had hurt Jisung, a lot. And two; Jisung still did not like him.

Minho reaches under Jisung's chin and lifted his head, looking into Jisung's glossy eyes. "I'm sorry." He whispered. "But you are the most beautiful thing I've ever seen and I've wanted you for myself since the seventh grade. I was a coward and never said anything. I started to act up when you found someone else because it hurt me. I'll leave."

Minho let go and turned to leave. But Jisung grabbed his wrist.

Minho turned and was immediately met with Jisung's lips against his.

To think this all started with Jeongin's pencil.