186-Jeonglix : The Bad Ending

Title: The Bad Ending

Ship: Jeonglix

"Hmmm, hmm, hmm~." Jeongin hummed as he read his book. It was a nice tune he usually listened to with his headphones when he read, but he unfortunately left them at home.

Jeongin glanced up at the field where a group of boys were playing soccer. Jeongin's Crush was playing. His eyes were on him and him only.

Felix Lee.

In Jeongin's eyes, he was amazing. The way he could change from being cute to hot in seconds. Sometimes he was both at the same time. He was athletic and Jeongin just loved to watch him play.

Jeongin tapped his chin. "Jeongin Lee." He smiled at the way his name sounded with Felix's.

"Hey! Jeongin." Seungmin slid next to the boy, smiling brightly. "How are you?"

"I'm good." Jeongin nodded. "How about you?"

"I'm great." Seungmin sang. "I scored a date with Hyunjin."

Jeongin gasped, shutting his book. "Really?!"

"Yeah!" Seungmin nodded with a bright smile on his face.

"That's awesome, Hyung!" Jeongin clapped, before his eyes traveled to Felix. "Do think the same could happen to me and Felix?"

Seungmin looked over at the Aussie the younger was talking about, his smile fading. "Jeongin, you should at least try talking to him before trying anything out."

"Yeah, I know." Jeongin sighed. "I'll talk to him today."

Jeongin took a deep breath before walking up to Felix in the dance room. He tapped his shoulder, catching his attention quick.

"Oh, hi! Jeongin, right?"

He knows who I am.

"Y-Yeah. Felix?"

"That's me! Did you need something?" Felix asked.

"I just wanted to talk to you. You look like a fun person to be around."

Felix smiled brightly. "Sure!"

Jeongin and Felix talked a lot. So much that Jeongin felt like he was falling deeper into this crush of his. He knew this was a ditch he would never get out of.

Eventually, the next day rolled around and Jeongin saw Felix at his locker. He was talking to someone.

Jeongin waited for them to end their conversation before Jeongin came over.

"Hey, Hyung!" Jeongin greeted, jogging up to the older.

"Hey, Jeongin! Did see who I was talking to?"

Jeongin tried to think of the name of the person. He could put his finger on it, though. He shook his head, no.

"That was my crush, Seo Changbin."

BREAK.

Jeongin felt his heart nearly shatter. Felix had a crush.

"Oh. I didn't know you liked guys." Jeongin quickly said to cover up his lack of emotion.

"Does that bother you?" Felix asked. He seemed nervous for Jeongin's answer.

"No. I'm bisexual so it's all good." Jeongin smiled.

"Really? Do you like anyone?" Felix nudged Jeongin's arm, pushing for an answer.

Jeongin laughed nervously. "Ha, ha. I do. B-but I just started actually speaking to him not too long ago." Jeongin said, truthfully. "I know he doesn't like me back."

"Oh, how do you know?"

Jeongin felt like he was going to regret this but he did not care.

"H-He just told me he liked someone else."

With that, Jeongin turned and ran off, letting the tears run down his cheeks. He did not even hear Felix calling after him so he knew he made the right move.

No good ending for him.

Sob, sob, sob, was all Jeongin did as he sat in his bed with tissues that night when he got home. He avoided Felix at all costs after he confessed.

Jeongin's eyes went his phone after seeing it buzz. It was probably Seungmin. He decided to pick it up anyways.

Picking up the phone, he saw it was an unknown number. He opened it, reading the long paragraph he had gotten from the user.

Dear Jeongin,
I honestly was not expecting that confession. I thought you wanted to talk to me to become friends. If I had known you liked me, I still would have wanted to be friends. I still do, trust me. But with the way that you avoided me today, I'm guessing you don't want to be friends. I understand. You want to get over your crush and I get that. But maybe, when you are, we can be friends again? Just maybe. Also, your friend Seungmin gave me your number. I'm sorry for asking him I just wanted you to know all of this. -Felix

Jeongin stared at the name at the bottom of the text.

We can be friends again?

You want to get over your crush and I get that.

"YOU'RE SO DUMB!" Jeongin shouted, throwing his phone across the room. "I don't want to be friends." Jeongin cried.

"I didn't want a bad ending."