93-Jeongchan : One Step Away

Title: One Step Away

Ship: Jeongchan

"Jeongin, no you're doing it wrong."

"Do it again."

"Can you do this?"

"No, stop. Jeongin do it by yourself again."

"Hold on, let me show you again."

Jeongin felt he was dragging his team down every time Chan or Minho corrected him. He was trying his best, he really was. But that just did seem like enough.

Every time they asked him to do something and he was pretty sure he could not, he panicked. He would try anyway but was shown to do it correctly.

They debuted already and yet, he still could not keep up with them. His members were the definition of god when it came to dancing and him. . . He just lacked.

Here he was, four in the morning in the dance practice room. He was speeding up the dance moves to match the rhythm of the song itself. Then have to slow it down again. He was getting frustrated with himself. If he did not get this by tomorrow, they would have to delay the music video. Or not include this part of the dance in the video. Jeongin knew Chan really wanted to show it off in the video.

Again, and again, and again until.

Roll.

Snap.

Plump.

Jeongin let out a blood curdling scream, bending his leg to reach for his completely twisted ankle. It was bent to the side at an abnormal position. And it was beyond painful.

Jeongin cried, hitting the floor to try and not let anymore screams like he just did. Though he knew someone heard him as he heard running towards the room.

The door flew open, his Senior, BamBam standing at the door with a stunned facial expression.

"Holy crap, Jeongin. What did you do?" He asked as he shuffled over to him. He tried to help Jeongin sit up but the younger only shook his head. So BamBam lied him back down.

"I'm calling Chan." BamBam stated, but Jeongin shook his head frantically. He did not want Chan to see this. He was going to get scolded and absolutely did not want that.

"Then I'm calling an ambulance. That-" BamBam pointed at his ankle. "-is not normal and the fact you can't get up tells me we need an ambulance here. You can't stop me."

And so Jeongin did not. BamBam grabbed his phone out of his pocket and dialed the police.

"Nine-one-one, What's your emergency?" The caller asked.

"I'm at JYP Entertainment and my Junior has just taken a terrible fall. His ankle is bent sideways in a way I don't think is humanly possible. And he can't get up. I can't even get him to sit up." BamBam rambled.

"We'll send an ambulance. Please stay calm."

About ten minutes later, an ambulance showed up and made their way up to the dance room. They took him on a stretcher back down to the ambulance and made their way to the hospital. BamBam stayed back and decided to head over to Stray Kids' dorm and tell Chan.

This was their maknae for crying out loud.

He knocked on the door, knowing Chan or someone would be awake. Woojin opened the door.

"Oh, what's up BamBam?" He greeted, yawning. "If you're here to see Chan I just convinced him to go to bed so can it wait 'till tomorrow?"

"It really can't." BamBam shook his head. "I think you might wanna hear it, too."