91-Hyunin : Ripped Apart

Title: Ripped Apart

Ship: Hyunin

Run. That was what Jeongin was doing. Running until his body gave out on him and he could feel his muscles. Run until his brain was distracted. Run until his heart stopped hurting. Run until the tears stopped running down his face.

He wanted to scream. Everything had hit rock bottom and he did not why. The answer was hidden. It took everything inside him not to make a scene.

I wanted to run until it hurt to run. Until his feet hurt and his lungs heaving for air to get his blood running. At this point, Jeongin wanted his blood to stop.

His foot got caught on a rock, causing him to trip and fall to the sidewalk. He was now in the darker part of town. Empty.

Looking up, he did not have the motivation to get up and keep going even though he did not meet his goal. His heart hurt too much anyway.

Was the depression getting to him? The cuts and scars, were they finally marking his end? Or was this all temporary?

Jeongin lied the side of his face on the ground, the cold concrete making him shiver. He was relaxed on the ground even though he was anything but relaxed. Tears were reaching the sidewalk but Jeongin hardly took notice.

"Oh my god!" He heard someone yell, yet, it did not trigger Jeongin to move.

His eyes shut close, he heard running. But yet, Jeongin did not care. He hoped the stranger would end his suffering.

"Hey!" The stranger yelled, shaking Jeongin. Jeongin stayed still, all of his energy draining.

"Hey!" They yelled again.

"I think he's out cold, Hyunjin." Another voice said on the other side of Jeongin.

Jeongin felt two cold fingers press to his neck, right under his jaw. He was checking for a pulse.

"Holy sh*t, his pulse is fast." The boy, Jeongin come to know was Hyunjin, exclaimed.

"Should we take him back?"

"Back where?" Hyunjin asked, confused.

"To Chan hyung's house. His husband's a doctor, maybe he can help him." The other voice said.

Jeongin's eyes shot open before he pulled himself off the ground and sprinted, the feeling coming back.

"Was he awake that whole time?" He heard one of them say.

"Oh my god, just catch him!"

Jeongin heard two pairs of running feet behind him. He tried to speed up his pace, not wanting to be anywhere near them. He was not going to some strangers house.

"Hey!" Hyunjin yelled. "We want to help-come back!"

Jeongin took a sharp turn, now back in the part of town he knew. It was still on the darker side but he used to live there.

He knew where he was going. The woods.

He took multiple turns in hopes of shaking them off but the two boys behind him did not budge. So he lead them into the woods.

He heard one of them trip over the many fallen leaves.

"Jisung, are you okay?"

So the other boy's name was Jisung.

Jeongin continued to run, finally shaking them before finding the pond. He sat near it, against a tree. Tears poured out of his eyes; no sobs just tears.

When suddenly.

"Boo."

Jeongin did not jump. He did not move. Instead, he slowly looked over at the boy named Hyunjin.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Hyunjin sat next to him. Jeongin looked back at the pond.

"Why did you follow me?" Jeongin asked instead.

"Because your pulse was crazy fast and you looked like you were out cold on the sidewalk back there."

"I was giving up." Jeongin said, closing his eyes. "What's the point of life anymore?"

"You can't give up. You look so young."

"Maybe he's fifty and we don't know it." Jisung stated, earning a slap on the head from Hyunjin.

"Not helping." He growled at Jisung.

"Hey, look. I know things may not be the best right now for you, but please know death isn't the answer. It never will be. Unless your body can't take it anymore." Hyunjin said.

"You aren't my therapist. Get lost." Jeongin spat.

"He actually has a job as a therapist, kid." Jisung said.

"Didn't you hear me?" Jeongin looked over at Jisung. "I said my therapist. Not he isn't a therapist. Get. Lost." Jeongin spat before returning to his original position from before.

"Looks like we're dealing with a stubborn one." Hyunjin mumbled, moving so he was sitting in front of Jeongin.

"One; If I get lost I might actually die so that is not happening." Hyunjin stated. "Two; I can be your therapist if you cooperate with me."

"And why would I want a therapist?"

"Because you're obviously depressed."

"So what?"

"Depression is something that can be cured. Sometimes it just takes a few extra things than expected." Hyunjin explained.

"You really don't know the definition of get lost do you?"

Hyunjin sighed, seeing this boy was in fact stubborn.

"Look, I will actually knock you out and take you back to my house." Hyunjin threatened.

"I could call the police and tell them you kidnapped me." Jeongin spat back.

"And I could simply state I was protecting you." Hyunjin replied in a sickly sweet tone.

Jeongin huffed, annoyed by Hyunjin's determination to help him.

"Let me help you."

"Fine. Under one condition.

You're not the boss of me."