88-Seungjin : Escapist

Title: Escapist

Ship: Seungjin

Warning : includes mental abuse and mentions of self-harm

I lived a normal life. At least, I thought it was normal.

Was it normal for your dad to be the top of the house? Yes. Was it normal for him to take advantage of it? No.

I thought it was okay. The words spoken to me as if I was useless. My father loved me though, right?

It was not until I saw it happen to my brothers and mother.

"I am sick and tired of the house being a mess when I get home! I work for us to actually have a roof above our heads and all you do in return to lay around?" My father yelled, directly towards my mother.

"I don't-"

"You don't what? Try? Yeah, you're right. Stop being so useless and actually do something around here." He snapped, throwing a dust pan to the floor.

Me and my two older brothers watched. How could he treat the women he married like this?

"Momma!" I called, running over to her. Being the youngest at the age of six, it was hard watching that all go down. It was scary to say the least.

"Oh, Seungmin sweetie." My mother reached under my armpits and lifted me, setting me on her hip. My two older brothers, at the ages of nine and twelve, walked over to my mother as well.

"Does dad hate us?" Seungho, my twelve-year-Old Brother, asked. Seventh grade really brought reality to him with all the drama lurking around.

"No, he doesn't hate you." She shook her head. "He's just stressed."

"I hope the stress goes away soon." Seungwon, My nine-year-old brother, wished.

"Mom, I'm not stupid. The way he acts wasn't like when I was younger!" Seungho said.

I looked at him, confused by his words. Didn't all fathers act like this?

"He's stressed, Seungho. Now get ready for bed, it's a school night."

Everything seemed normal to me. I thought everything was perfectly fine. But as I got older, I could not help but realize my self esteem had dropped drastically from my father's words.

"Seungmin, you can't do that."

"Seungmin, stop being a waste of space and get out of my way."

"Seungmin, you think this type of grade is acceptable? Bring it up to an A+."

"Seungmin, stop drawing."

"Seungmin, shut up. You'll never achieve such a stupid dream."

Everything hit me like a sledgehammer.

But it soon turned into plain bullying at this point.

"Seungmin, loose weight."

"Seungmin, you have so much acne."

"You're so ugly."

"Seungmin, cut your hair. I don't want to see it that long."

"Seungmin, you're eating too much. Stop being a pig. You're fat enough."

"Seungmin, how do you have friends?"

Everything stuck to me because that was my father. He was supposed to be someone I looked up to.

I starved myself for him. I stayed up late for him. I tried to learn to cut my own hair for him. I cut for him. Not exactly for him but because of him.