143-Hyunbin : Rivally Married

Requested by : @heaveninhidinq

Title: Rivally Married

Ship: Hyunbin

In 2100, July 3rd, was the first war that broke out between Hwang and Seo, two new countries to the world. It started out as a fight for land but it soon turned to a long lasting grudge. Any citizen did not dare set foot on the other land. They stayed true to the king they were born to, and planned to keep it that way.

Until 2234, January 25, the two Kings decided to set for peace after over hundred years of non stop wars. But the only way to really set peace, was by marrying the two only children they had.

Both queens could not get pregnant again to set the boundaries with a baby girl. So they married their two sons. Who both happened to take a liking in men as well as woman.

Prince Seo Changbin, prince of Seo, and Prince Hwang Hyunjin, prince of Hwang, were to be married 2235, March fifth.

Neither were keen on the idea of marrying their rival.

"Me? Marry him? Dad, you have to be joking!" Prince Hyunjin freaked, complaining about the arranged marriage.

"Hwang Hyunjin, listen to me." His father started. "Both sides are taking too much damage from these wars. We cannot take much more. We may collapse from the amount of soldiers that are being taken."

"Then train more!" Hyunjin snapped.

"Young man." His mother spoke up. "You are to marry the son of Seo whether you like or not. In a such a dire situation, your opinion is to be kept to yourself. You understand me?"

"Why?"

"This is your duty as a prince. You are to serve your people as they serve you. By not marrying the prince of Seo, you are failing your duty as future king and the duty to serve your people." She explained. "Hwang Hyunjin, you know your expectations. Live up to them."

Hyunjin scoffed. Though, he mother was right. If he did not do such, he would be failing his people and the expectations held for him. He could not let anyone down.

"I will marry the prince of Seo."

"But mother, you told me that I was to never trust Hwang." Changbin brought up.

"Yes, I did. But in this time, you will trust. You will trust and you will take care of your people. Keep your friends close, but your enemy's closer, Changbin." His mother told him as they sat at the diner table. "Our people need this marriage to stay stable."

". . . And what if I don't marry him?"

"Are you rejecting this marriage, Changbin?"

"No! Of course not! I'm just not so sure about marrying the enemy."

"I know where you are coming from." His mother sighed. "But you must do this for your people."

"Okay. I'll marry him."

The marriage went by smoothly. Soon, the two princes were living in a home together. Which did not start out well.

"Don't touch me."

"Didn't plan on it."

The two were in complete denial of even being around each other. But they slowly grew closer.

They had to work together, after all.

"Alright. Then that's that." Changbin sighed.

"Okay." Hyunjin sighed.

"I'm going to bed, Hyung." Hyunjin yawned. "I'll see you in the morning."

Hyunjin stood to leave, but Changbin grabbed his wrist.

"I'm going to sleep with you. I'm tired as well."

The two had never slept so close before that night. Hyunjin holding Changbin in a spoon so the two were comfortable. Their breathes could be felt on each other, keeping them warm. Their bodies fit together like a puzzle piece.

"Goodnight."

"Goodnight, Hyung."