55-Hyunminjeong : Faith

Title: Faith

Ship: Hyunminjeong (Hyunjin x Seungmin x Jeongin)

(Bare with me, this is my first time writing a poly ship. I've read a lot of poly Oneshots or they're there on the side but I've never wrote one so this is very new to me)

Listen.

Breath.

Now open your eyes.

Jeongin followed these steps, before opening his eyes and looking across from him to see the two. The two he had hopelessly fallen in love with.

But they did not know. They loved each other and that was it. No one in between. No one on the side. Just them.

But Jeongin was treated like their child, something they wanted in the future together.

Without Jeongin.

Jeongin sighed, closing the textbook in front of him. Catching the other two's attention.

"You okay, baby?" Hyunjin asked, leaning forward over the table.

Though Jeongin loved being called 'baby' by the two, he hated it at the same time. It drew him in more.

"Yeah. This project is just stressing me out." The younger said, shaking his head.

The couple frowned at Jeongin.

"How about we go back to my place and watch a movie?" Seungmin asked, holding tightly onto Hyunjin's sleeve. Hyunjin nodded, turning back to Jeongin.

"How about you?" Hyunjin asked, smiling.

"Um, I'll pass. I'm gonna go home and go to bed early." Jeongin waved off, sliding his textbook into his bag.

The two frowned at Jeongin's state, worried for his wellbeing. The two cared deeply for the younger boy and only wanted him to be happy.

They all left, Hyunjin going to Seungmin's house.

The drive was quiet until Seungmin brought up a topic.

"I want him." Seungmin said.

"I do, too. But I don't think he'll be willing to be in a relationship with both of us, Seungmin." Hyunjin said, his eyes stuck on the road.

"Why don't we ask him, then?" Seungmin asked.

"And how do we ask him without giving it away? I don't want to loose him." Hyunjin sighed.

Seungmin huffed, not denying that such was the truth. Neither of them wanted to loose Jeongin but they also wanted him in their relationship.

Hyunjin shook his head. "We'll figure out something but right now, there's nothing we can do."

Jeongin sat on his bed, staring out his window. His thoughts swirled around in his head.

Should he confess? Should he hint towards it? Should he leave it alone? Should he try to distance himself?

Jeongin was leaning towards the last one. But he did not want to hurt the older two, and that is what happens?

Jeongin sighed, shaking his head before lying down. He needed to calm himself. Maybe sleeping on it would help.

Jeongin sat in between the two, who were passing notes right in front of Jeongin's (salad) face. He tried not to get angry but he was starting to get a little annoyed.

Hyunjin reached over but before Seungmin could grab it, Jeongin flicked it out of his hand, the note falling on floor in front of the table.

Hyunjin slowly retreated his hand, knowing that Jeongin had become annoyed with the two. Seungmin frowned, placing a hand on the younger's shoulder. "You okay?"

Jeongin glances over at Seungmin but immediately turned his attention back to the teacher.

After about a week, the couple noticed the younger was definitely avoiding them. What had they done? They were not sure.

But Hyunjin had a plan.

"He's going to be overwhelmed."

"I'm not stupid." Hyunjin retorted.

The two decided that they needed to corner Jeongin somewhere to get the reason behind why he had been avoiding him out of him. They were not going to stand by and let him drift away.

Hyunjin put an arm in front of Seungmin, stopping him. He pointed forward where Jeongin was slipping into the bathroom.

"Oh my god, that's so convenient." Seungmin whispered, shaking his head.

"Yeah, now come on."

The two raced down the hallway, entering into the bathroom.

Jeongin was looking at himself in the mirror, for reasons they would worry about later.

"Jeongin." Hyunjin said sternly, the younger's eyes widening before he slowly turning his head to face Hyunjin and Seungmin.

"Hey, hyungs." Jeongin waved, nervously.

Hyunjin rolled his eyes and pulled his backpack off, throwing it to the side.

"How long are you going to avoid us?" Hyunjin asked, crossing his arms.

"Um..." Jeongin looked away from Hyunjin, playing with his fingers.

"More importantly, why are you avoiding us?" Seungmin asked, also slipping his backpack and throwing it to the side.

Jeongin continued to play with his fingers. He was debating on what to say.

Hyunjin grew impatient and started walking towards the younger, who immediately started taking steps backward. His back hit the wall and Hyunjin was standing in front of him. Seungmin appeared next to Hyunjin, looking just as stern.

"Did we do something? Or did someone tell you something?" Hyunjin asked.

"I-I..." Jeongin bit his lip, his eyes shaking as they switched between the two.

"Jeongin, what's wrong?" Seungmin asked.

Jeongin could feel the tears welling up in his eyes. Maybe this whole avoiding thing was a bad idea. Maybe he should just confess.

Yeah, confess.

"W-well, you see. It's not your f-fault." Jeongin swallowed, trying to control his voice.

"Ilikethebothofyouatthesametimeandiwanttobewithbothofyouatthesametimeandiknowitswrongimsorry." Jeongin said, letting the tears slip.

Both of their faces softened, before smiles replaced them.

Hyunjin pulled Jeongin into a hug.

"That's not wrong, Jeongin. It's okay. We want to be with you, too." Hyunjin reassured.

"W-we can do th-that?" Jeongin asked, looking up at Hyunjin.

"It's a thing called polyamory. Being in a relationship with more than one person." Seungmin explained. "But we weren't sure if you'd be okay with it." Seungmin said, joining in on the hug.

Hyunjin and Seungmin both placed a kiss on Jeongin's cheeks, making his giggle.

"So, will you be our boyfriend?" Hyunjin asked. Jeongin nodded.

Guess it just took a little faith.