Christmas Dinner

💚🧡

I know I'm sorta late but MERRY CHRISTMAS/HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL MY READERS ^3^

We are starting to approach the end of this cursed year (and the start of my new book hehe), but honestly, it isn't so bad! Also, expect a corny speech at the end of the next krkm chapter :D

AU:
Normal
Warnings:
Some lemony implications (But not content)

The good ol' fluffy shots

[No one's POV]

"Katsuki! Please tell Izuku to pass the pepper!" Mitsuki snaps at her son, who was stirring the residue of tomato and squash soup lining the base of his bowl.

It was a usual Christmas for the Bakugos and Midoriyas, besides the absence of Masaru, who was catching up with a few friends that had invited him elsewhere. This year, the dinner was set at the Bakugos' house, the night outside crisp and cool. The cloudless sky was blocked out by curtains, but was let through by the skylight conveniently placed over the dining table.

It was one of the reasons why Izuku loved the Bakugos' house so much, which was why he had zoned out from the commotion around him.

Mitsuki, not wanting to disturb the awed greenette, decided to ask Katsuki to get his attention, immediately engorging herself into another conversation with Inko.

"De..." Katsuki gulped, remembering his and Izuku's mothers were on the table.

His cheeks flush when he realised what he was about to say.

"I-Izuku..."

Though the two mothers were laughing on the other side of the table, a moment of silence passed between the two, Izuku unable to fathom what the blonde had just said, Katsuki unable to fathom he actually said Izuku's actual name. Not some stupid nickname. After that moment, both teens turn beat red, the greenette practically creating steam as he hid his blushing face beneath his curls. Katsuki resisted a laugh, thinking at that moment how adorable Izuku looked, the sleeves of his childish Christmas sweater covering the base of his palms as he brought them to his face. The candlelight kissing his skin also looked beautiful, curls flecked with glitter at their tips. A warm smile graces his face.

"C-Could you pass the pepper?" It was odd for the blonde to stutter so much, and that only made the heat in Izuku's cheeks rise.

He reaches over, almost knocking the boiling gravy over as he grabs the pepper hastily, before drawing back to give it to Katsuki, who was now hiding his own face. The greenette would be lying if he said that the way Katsuki said his name wasn't nice. In fact, it was almost heavenly. The way his gruff voice pronounced all the syllables, the vowels soft and song-like in contrast to the sharp and acute consonants. It could be considered one of the best sounds he had heard of, a beautiful song he would never get tired to listening to.

"Here K-Kacch..." The same problem, though the other way around.

Could his face get any redder?

"K-Katsuki!" He said it a little too loud, Mitsuki and Inko momentarily looking at the flushing greenette.

"Izuku honey? Are you ok? You seem a little hot! Are you sure you're not coming down with a fever?" Like mother, like son. Inko started mumbling incessantly, Katsuki briskly cutting her off through a snicker.

"Auntie, D-Izuku is fine, don't worry!" he replied coolly, his cheeks betraying his expression. Izuku saying his name was beautiful, his soft tongue rolling on the consonants elegantly. His voice was pure and smooth, adding more grace to his name. His lips moved slightly when saying it, glistening and perfect. He thought about how innocent and mildly amusing Izuku looked then, head tilted down to his lap, eyes sparkling like the stars above him, cheeks glowing softly. His plump lips were pressed together, clearly not trusting himself to speak.