Delusions

💚🧡

Y'all thought this "nice" thing was going on forever?! SIKE hahaha! Also, credit to the video, it's super cute!!!

AU:
Normal
2nd Year
Warnings:
Implied character death

For tissues, click here

[No one's POV]

Katsuki walked to the bus stop in deafly silence, Eijiro and Denki sharing concerned glances from behind him. He clearly seemed miserable; it had been around 10 weeks since. Most of his first weeks were him remaining in his bedroom in eerie silence. The poor boy, in this time, had been driving himself out of his unrealistic delusions, degrading his false hope in order to move on faster. However, by how long this battle was ongoing for between him and his conscious, it was definitely worrisome that Katsuki was still fighting.

He kicks a few pebbles on his way home, not feeling like doing anything when he got there. He didn't need to do anything. He didn't feel like doing anything anyway. He just wanted to lie down, listen to music and think. Just himself as company. It was all he needed since it happened.

There was a relatively busy road ahead of Katsuki, so he reluctantly turns his head up off the floor and manoeuvres around several careless people. The positive thing about taking this route is one, it's shorter, and two, no one pays attention to you because you are just as identical as everyone else. And these are both legible reasons for Katsuki to go that way. There were still the frequent stares from other people when staring at the boy who was at the place where it happened.

It was an unfortunate incident. Some of Class-1A, such as Koda and Tsuyi, were pulled out of UA, simply because their parents didn't want their children to get killed too. Most of the teachers received hate from the mob of reporters flocking outside of the entrance every day, and there had never not been a time where Katsuki was bombarded with questions as he makes his way through the gates. Even society didn't trust heroes anymore to keep them safe, since they couldn't manage to keep their students safe. But though these rumours were spread across the entirety of Japan, the truth still remained unknown.

Katsuki finally breaches a clearing, the fresh cold air mingling with his heated breaths. He turns to a large clearing, hands now shoved deep into his pockets, and looks around the area. The area where the bus stop was at the edge of the road, surprisingly empty. The whole clearing was almost empty.

And Katsuki halts immediately.

And couldn't believe his eyes.

There, standing and looking around, was a face he thought he would never get to see again. A face that he was beyond overjoyed to see, surprise and emotion blossoming in his chest. It was Izuku. In his hero costume. Looking out, evaluating the cars rushing past. But the blonde payed no mind to them, too fixated on the boy in front of him he had thought was dead.

But... it felt too good to be true. There was no way that it was Izuku. Probably one of his fan boys, cosplaying him in order to commemorate him. He still calls out in case, knowing that it was nonetheless the boy he wanted to see, facial features and figure and everything! He calls out, hope he was trying hard to abandon the swelling in his chest.

"Oi, Deku!" He knew a fan would probably scowl at him, but he would probably glower back. And there was a slight edge to his voice from the slight frustration he felt once feeling the emotion from being right all this time. About Izuku being alive.

He was taken too aback when he heard a reply from the boy, watching as the all-too-familiar features turned to face him. "Kacchan!"

It was near impossible for the blonde to comprehend. It was Izuku. He was the only person who would ever call him Kacchan so naturally. And he looked and sounded too similar for him not to be someone else. Katsuki wasn't being deceived. It was Izuku Midoriya. In the flesh.