The Demons in Bed

💚🧡

Literally been inspired and 100% improvised around this image only :D

AU:
Normal
Warnings:
Angst

[No one's POV]

"I think Midoriya is possessed," Minoru states one day.

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean," Katsuki grumbles in reply, rolling his eyes at the random remark.

A handful of students were in the common room. Katsuki was on his phone, until the mention of the insufferable nerd was brought up. Hanta, Eijiro and Mina were playing a game of Uno, Ochako and Momo amusing themselves with the videogame Denki and Kyoka were playing each other against, Minoru reading... whatever shit was in that R18 magazine.

"I mean, he's been acting strange!"

"Ha! When has he ever not been strange!" Denki cackles, "His dorm room is literally an All Might sanctuary!"

Katsuki's ears turn red at that.

"No! I-I mean..." Minoru sets his magazine aside, actually thinking about what he became a witness to. "One night, at about 2am, I heard some thuds next door. I knew Midoriya wasn't the type of person to do... that... but then I heard something hard being hit. Then the next night, things are being thrown at the wall! I'm pretty sure he flipped a desk or something!"

"You sure you ain't hearing things, pervert!" Katsuki sneers.

"No! I'm serious!"

"He is serious," another voice chimes in, and cue Yuga, who had just finished making himself a tea in the kitchen. "Mineta told me before. Alors, there was a lot of clattering! Last night especially! I tried to talk to him today but he seemed fine!"

"DAMN IT KAMINARI YOU CHEATED!" Kyoka suddenly screeches.

"No I did not!"

"Ummm... yeah you did!" Ochako exclaimed. "You literally elbowed her!"

"I did not!"

Ochako sighs, before turning to Yuga. "Are you sure he was okay? As in did he get enough sleep?"

"Well..." Yuga thinks, "He didn't seem tired. If anything, he seemed more energetic!"

"Probably adrenaline," Momo mumbles, only encouraging the concern in the room to escalate.

"Anyone wanna volunteer sleeping with him?" Hanta asks, earning a few judgemental gazes. "What!"

"Do you not realise how wrong that is!" Eijiro hisses, "You can't just throw someone into Midoriya's room! Does he even know what's happening at night!"

Katsuki still thinks about the new-found discovery. His initial assumption was nightmares. Course the nerd would have nightmares still! He always pissed himself in bed when he was younger! There was no way he'd have grown up since!

But that didn't explain the fuss at night.

Maybe Izuku could be a...

When Hanta's idea had been swiftly dismissed, Katsuki saw this as a green light. It was only right that he'd help Izuku out. He still remembered what happened earlier that year, when All Might's final fight was broadcasted to everyone, and the stress from that event and then the professional licence exam came crashing down, the feeling of inferiority causing him to explode mid-fight. And Izuku, of all people, was the one to save him.

His other hunch: villain activity. If it wasn't a nightmare, maybe someone had replaced Izuku. Maybe a bitch like Toga had slipped in and kidnapped him, then pretend to be like him. Katsuki feared to think anything more worse: as much as he hated his childhood friend, he didn't want him dead.