Somewhere to Belong

💚🧡

HEADS UP: there are NO manga spoilers in this chapter - it's literally just my reaction

THE MANGA LEAKS!!!

[chokes]

WHAT THE F**K HAPPENED?!?!??!

F**K IT HAPPENED! IT FINALLY HAPPENED! THE MOMENT I WAS WAITING FOR AND FAQ I WAS CRYING ALL DAY TODAY AND WEBLAAFBERGOBEAORUBGAEOURBOAUEBF I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FUNCTION T-T!!!!!

Busy week this week: we got this because I feel like it, then Kirikami day which is tomorrow, then Katsudeku (T-T) day which is 2 days after that!

Hope y'all are looking forward to the mega fluff!!!

Now, here's a nice feels!

AU:
Normal
Warnings:
Angst

[No one's POV]

Izuku was sitting in the common room, curled on the couch with his eyes watching the film playing on the TV. Almost everyone else was in the room too, friendly chatter and laughter conjuring the light and lovable atmosphere that made Class 1-A whole.

Well, almost whole.

On the next couch, adjacent to his own, sat his boyfriend, Katsuki, his eyes also glued to the TV. His lips were tightly closed, eyebrow slightly twitching as the redhead next to him couldn't stop yapping about shit he didn't care about.

It was normal, though! Just typical Bakugo Katsuki!

Izuku felt a smile play at his lips, his gaze drifting back towards the TV, but then he felt something snap.

Nothing physical.

More like the flick of a switch, turning something off in his brain.

He couldn't see the figures dancing across the screen anymore. He couldn't even hear the chatter of his classmates anymore, drowned out by the water suddenly clogging his ears. The smile drops, his breath catching in his throat, and his line of sight seems to tip, almost like a boat on water.

And then he didn't want to be here anymore. The dim light of the common room was too bright; the white noise was growing overwhelmingly loud; the couch felt too uncomfortable to lie on. He wanted to move. He didn't belong in that position, curled between buzzing classmates and a quieter TV that played pointlessly in front of him.

So he gets up, an inaudible sound coming from somewhere in his throat, and walks out, his boyfriend's eyes intently following him pass through the door.

This wasn't, by far, the first time that this has happened. It was a regular thing, and something that Izuku despised. He wanted to get rid of that switch, and he wanted to continue with his life! The only way of temporarily turning that switch back on was lying down and waiting until the morning. That, he hated the most. Everything he did was just too overwhelming and he wanted to be comforted with nothing but his comfortable bed, locked door and soundproof silence. He then stares up and does nothing.

And that's it.

He thought that it was a feeling of sadness, but he felt no reason to be, besides wanting to get that feeling off his chest. But then he thought of maybe missing something. Each time he snapped, it felt like there was a cavity in his chest, something that has been lost. And each morning he wakes up barely feeling the void was even there.

Still, as per routine, he lays on his bed behind a locked door, his conscious praying for the switch to turn back on. He had things to do, and wants to be happy with his friends and classmates, but it is near impossible when even talking felt like it was too much.