The Worst

❤️💛

Trust me, the title is misleading...

AU:
Prisons
Kiri and Kami are Quirkless
Age Gap
Warnings:
TRIGGER WARNING!
Drug Usage

Seriously though, this affected me (and I'm the writer), so expect the worst and stop reading if it gets too much

[Kaminari's POV]

Hi.

My name is Kaminari Denki.

I am 21 years old.

I am a prison guard, serving this post for almost four months.

His name is Kirishima Eijiro.

He is 17 years old.

He is a prisoner, trapped here for just under a month, number 2487.

He was brought here under the charges of rape.

But the moment he'd walked through those doors, he deemed me as the real criminal; the real villain. Because what I'd witness within the span of that one month had contorted my perception of life. It made me sick of the world around me, and sick in my own skin. I really am...

The Worst.

~~~

He came in on a Monday, bound up in handcuffs and the regular orange prison attire. His eyes were the most vivid crimson, hair dark black. We'd heard earlier that his hair was red before, according to his profile, but his hair was scrubbed of the dye, so far as prison regulations went.

My initial thoughts of him were how gross I felt. I'd heard the rumours. A 17-year-old raping a minor?! She's 15! A sweet girl, with a beautiful face and grades that could make any Japanese mother proud! She was perfect, and innocent, and a selfish rapist like Kirishima couldn't have corrupted her in such a disgusting way!

It turned out I wasn't the only person who thought as such.

He seemed strong, for his age. And so young. It was only recently that the legal age of imprisonment had lowered to those 16 or over. His face seemed tired, the sclera tainted red. And everything about his timidity and the panic seen in those shrunken pupils connotes his innocent.

Yet no one seemed to care, judging him for the crime that had gotten him behind bars in the first place.

I am a prison guard. My job is to ensure no one escapes and that no plans are made towards escaping.

My job is not to interfere with activity that goes on within those cells.

~~~

"Kirishima? Right?"

A prisoner. 27 years old. Number 3021

"Y-Yes," he stammers out, looking up towards the larger man. Of course, I had to look. I had to watch in cases of suspicion - it's what came with the job.

"We heard you find it funny to rape women. Is that true?"

Another prisoner. 22 years old. Number 4390.

"I-I don't!" There was pleading in his voice. Frustration, even. "I-I was f-framed! I-it w-wa-"

"We know guys like you."