One Life

❤💛

Fluff February: Week 4

Ma bros, we're on the last week ;-;

But, hey, I had a nice time hehe :D

AU:
No quirks
Warnings:
None

[Kaminari's POV]

The forest looked beautiful, waxy leaves shining with the lights from the setting sun. They weave together in harmony, blocking out most of the rays and bringing a nice glow to my surroundings. And to the venturing redhead in front of me, pushing through bushes and emerging further into the trees.

In honesty, I would argue that Kiri looked much prettier than the forest!

He looked confident in himself, though we had no idea where we were. I think that's one of the things I love about him, though. What's the point of having a plan if you're not going to follow it? He was so sure in what he was doing that I was sure I would even walk off a cliff with him! It looked like he owned the forest, each step looking as if he knew this place on the back of his hand!

Though, the truth was we had just now found this place.

Still, Kiri was the one who convinced me to go and explore. And the further I look at his handsome figure ripple with each step he takes, the more I'm drawn to him and this moment.

It took some time before we reach a clearing, Kiri pausing for me to come to his side, then only bringing his hand up to stroke his chin. I giggle at the gesture, looking out to the place that had attracted Kiri's attention. The birds in the distance, along with the soft ruffling of leaves, fill the comfortable silence, before Kiri's voice interrupts it.

"So, Denks, which route do you reckon we should take?" I look out to the fork we had reached, considering which was the better one. One looked a little more forest-like, but the other had a little less shrubbery. Not wanting to let this adventure end, in case the clearer path went to a main road, I break into a run and sprinting down the right path, Kiri making a remark of betrayal when he sees me leaving without answering, faintly hearing his footsteps thumping through the ground as he tries to close the gap between us.

Adrenaline is coursing through me, my hair being stroked by the cooling fingers of the wind, kissing my face as each step I take causes a bolt of energy to propel my other leg forward faster. Twigs and leaves brush my skin, scratching and maybe scraping it away, but I don't care. I don't care! All I care about is the sense of freedom!

I hardly notice when a nettle brushes against my calf.

Eventually, I come to a halt when I reach another clearing, leaning on my knees as I try to catch my breathe. Kiri stops beside me, the heat radiating off him a lot hotter than the sun itself, a lot more rays illuminating the area in front of us. I only look up to see what was in front of me when Kiri gasps, his eyes sparking with wonder.

We had reached a beautiful lagoon, the clear water reflecting back the blend of colours in the sky, surrounded by mostly areas of cliff. Words can't describe how amazed I was, at the fact that my random sense of direction lead us to this hidden gem! I suck in a breath, staring in awe at the scenery, but hissing out in pain when the stinging sensations of the nettle injury rockets through my nerves. I could feel Kiri's eyes on me, voicing his concerns through one glance.

"I ran past a nettle," I said, rubbing against it but only hissing out more when I only made the stinging into burning, eventually releasing a shout when it got too much.

I feel my hands being taken away from my bare calf, another hand coming down and rubbing some kind of liquid gently over it. I probably would've blushed at the sudden gesture if it wasn't soothing the burning and, instead, I sigh in relief. It felt strangely heavenly, and I turn to look at Kiri in gratefulness.