Freckles

❤️💛

Freckles is such a weird spelling haha. Also, gee thanks guys for over 300 views! I didn't know I was that good at these! Thank you!!! Now enjoy some Kirikami >w<

AU:
Normal
Warnings:
Insecurities

Ummm... I forgot how to start these...

[Kami's POV]

Today is a regular, boring Sunday. Nothing in particular to do. Just chilling in our dorms. I enjoy it here, along with my classmates. It's rare to have those boring days. And this was one of them. Nothing special or interesting happening. A normal, plain day.

I feel like I have stayed in bed for far too long. By the look of the mid-day sun peaking through the curtains, I can tell it's about 10-ish. I went to bed at 2am, so it's explainable. I do have terrible self-control, so it can't be helped. My feet and arms, however, feel like lead. I can't physically pick them up! My head was almost glued to the fluffy pillow beneath it. This position was too warm and comfortable! And I still felt sleepy. But, even for me, this was way too over-time for sleeping. Reluctantly, I roll out of bed, cracking my knuckles slightly, and drag myself to the bathroom. 

Even my posture was terrible! I found it impossible to straighten my horribly-stiff back, and trying also makes me groan in some odd kind of pain. It didn't hurt, but... it's hard to explain. I roll my shoulders a little to get the tenseness out of them and squint as I look into the mirror. Why am I so damn pale?! And those disgusting freckles... 

Freckles look cute on so many people. Midoriya looks adorable with freckles. Even Asui has some freckles on her chubby cheeks. They're so elegant and dainty on their skin and noses. But not mine. Mine are like disgusting blotches of weird, muddy brown. There aren't many of them, but all they do is ruin my face. It makes me look like I have some kind of disease! They make my eyes look huge and the bags under my eyes darker. And, no matter how little or much sleep I get, they never seem to get lighter! I hate them! Kiri would hate them.

But, enough with my usual self-reminders! I strip myself and take a lukewarm shower. It's not like anyone would see them anyway. I always put make-up over it, to hide my freckles and my dark circles and make my white skin peachy. I then use eyeliner to brighten my eyes. But I'll do that all after my shower.

I have no idea why, but I almost fall asleep with how relaxing the shower was. Normally, a freezing shower would wake anyone up and let them go about their day. But, for some bizarre reason, only warm showers work for me. They relax my body, making it less stiff and heavy, and let me think about what I'm going to do.

But when I actually thought about it then, I had no plans. I'd run out of ideas. It was one of those "nothing" days where I do... well, nothing! I just enjoyed the feeling of warm water running down my body and relax against the wall. It feels nice, and I could never deny that. I sigh in contempt.

Long enough, I got out of the shower, wrapping a towel around my skinny waist and brushing my teeth, which came a little earlier than usual in my morning routine. I rinse my mouth, a little more refreshed than before, and comb my knotted, blonde hair. I am a rough sleeper, so the abnormal amount of knots in my hair were not new to me. It comes with experience. I yawn, feeling the muscles in my face have their own stretch.

Flinging the door open, I walk, a little less slouched, to my wardrobe. I remember my classmates coming into my room to check out what I had in there. Of course, I enjoy most of this stuff. It reminded me of home. I didn't care what they thought about it, but there was always that odd reminder from Jirou that my room really was ugly. I try not to let it get to me.