No Time To Die

❤️💛

Daz right, bois, I've finally gotten around to watching it!!!

WARNING! This one-shot will contain MAJOR spoilers. If you haven't yet watched the movie, watch it before you read this because I PROMISE the movie is a lot better if you don't know what you're expecting.

AU:
Pro Heroes
Warnings:
Heavy Angst

For everything I've said at the end of the last one-shot, forget it!

[No one's POV]

"Red Riot?"

Eijiro is trying to control his breathing, blocking out the agony rippling through his chest, arms slashed with the poisoned blades that were too sharp to be stopped by his quirk, blood trailing down in crimson ribbons.

He'd no idea how he wasn't yet dead, with a bullet to his back and lower calf, but he had mobility.

And had only just remembered that he had to open the doors before the missiles hit.

They had to open: he had to destroy this place.

But by doing so, he'd also destroy himself.

He cringes at the bitter thought. His body would be shrivelled into nothing but atoms, his gravestone planted over an empty coffin. And no one would ever be able to see him again.

And yet he had to save the world. One last time.

"Red Riot... Do you read?"

"Yes."

His voice was a little strained. He could hear his panic. But he scrambles up to the control rooms, trying to keep up with his footing so he didn't stumble. He feared falling will make him never want to get back up again.

"Are you alright?"

He mentally thanks the surveillance team of his agency for watching over him and tracing every one of his movements, always making sure he steers clear of unnecessary harm.

His instinctive answer is to say yes. Of course he's alright! He's Red Riot! A pro hero, who stands up for all of Japan!

But he wasn't. This was the first time he had to tell himself that. And that he had to tell other people. He braces himself, heaving for another two breaths before replying.

"No... I'm not..."

Honesty is the best policy. And as for Eijiro, it was to allow him to say his final words. To both the agency who'd always had his back to his husband, who'd cherished him like no other.

"Is it an injur-"

"Two bullet wounds," he starts, trying to simmer his panic as he comes to terms with the deadly wounds that were burning him alive. He grips the railing, looking up to see the door to the control room. "Two bullet wounds... and I've been poisoned."

The other end of his receiver falls to a deaf silence, giving Eijiro an opportunity to recompose himself and continue climbing.