In The Dark

❤💛

See how this swings?

AU:
No quirks
Warnings:
None

[No one's POV]

"Movie niiiiiiight!" Denki coos as he skips into the bustling living room, waving about a family bag of chips. The whole of class 2-A lay slouched on the various assortment of couches, each facing the TV. Some, such as Katsuki, were dragged here as hostages whereas others, such as Mina, just wanted to be there for some quality class-bonding time. It was Mina, by the way, who had planned such an event.

"You'll need more than that to feed us all, Denki!" Kyoka chortles, slouching back with a sigh as she scrolls through her phone a little more. Ochako and Hanta were still squabbling over which movie they should watch, Minoru also throwing in some random suggestions, but almost all of which being immediately dismissed by Tenya for being inappropriate to an underaged class. How did Tenya know what was in those DVDs anyway?

Denki sighs, rolling his eyes at the smirk Kyoka wore, and threw the packet at her, relishing the startled squeal that slips from her lips. She deserved it, though. Before leaving however, he scans the room, surprised to see that all nineteen of his classmates were there - plus Hitoshi, who was invited over from the class 2-B building. His eyes fix on cherry-red ones, and he gives a soft smile, though quick enough for no one else to notice. He then heads back over to the kitchen to satisfy the rest of his class.

"What have we planned on?" Shoto asks calmly, his eyes flickering from the two bickering teens.

"I say we watch a drama!" Ochako mutters, crossing her arms and sticking her head defiantly to the sky.

"I say we watch horror!" Sero snaps back, his own head jutting up in a headstrong manner.

"I agree with Sero!" Eijiro yells from his spot on the couch.

"Yeah! We've already watched a drama!" exclaimed Tooru, though received a particularly nasty glance from Mina, who was completely for Ochako's argument.

"If it's another drama then I'd like to leave," Fumikage murmurs, not entirely ecstatic for another senseless and stupid love story. He could already feel the bile prodding at the back of his throat.

"I have snacks!" Denki proclaimed, oblivious to the fight partaking before him. Luckily, it seems a winner had been chosen.

"Uraraka," Iida begins, "I'm sorry to say, but we have already watched a drama. And the majority want a horror movie anyway." The others didn't really mind - except Katsuki, who just wanted to go to his dorm.

"Horror it is!" Hanta finally proclaims, giving a cunning glance at Ochako, who angrily makes her way back to her spot on the couch.

The lights are switched off, the crisps laid out on the table, and the movie is played, the credits casting a dim light across the room. Denki was sat beside Koji and Tsu, looking across the room to those same cherry-coloured eyes, this time for a little longer, communicating the yearning he felt. The same passion reflects back.

It was part-way through the film, where things got a little... tense. A chase scene between a frightened woman and a monster, with canines for teeth and black, beady eyes. The effects were great, the surrounding speakers blowing air down the students' necks, putting them on edge. They weren't prepared for the several jump scares, shrieking from around the room only exaggerating the fear they were meant to feel. It was only at the peak, where the woman had been caught, had the unbelievable happened, as the screen reverts to pitch-black.

A power cut.

"WHAT THE FUCK!" someone screams, and the entire class spirals into panic, scrambling clumsily to turn the lights on but, with it being the dead of night and every one of the lights having turned off, it was impossible to see anything!