Grace isn't his forté

❤💛

Bad news... Jealous January is pretty much over, and I had this other one I wanted to do, but I have school, so fitting it in is... hard. 

So here's a shorter one I wanted to do for quite some time :3

AU:
No quirks
Dance AU
Warnings:
None

The music is what they dance to (Nostalgia time TNS fans ;D)

[Kaminari's POV]

I always thought grace is what makes a person so entrancing. So breath-taking. So... beautiful.

Well, it was what I had always thought of ever since I saw All Might and Thunder Bolt on stage. The way they dance makes it appear as if they were moving through water, fluid and letting their body take over their words as they draw pictures and tell their story. Even Endeavour, a powerful hip-hop dancer, could tell a whole story, and each movement, though not considered graceful, was intense with seriousness and determination.

I thought about doing breakdancing for quite some time, but decided against it, because ballet was much prettier. Like I had said before, grace makes a person an iconic spectacle on stage, with each leap and spin and flip, the little things like the straightness of high kicks or the pointing of their toes making them appear like angels, flying and hypnotising their audience to make them want to watch more.

I thought that being a good dancer was all about perfection and poise and grace. It's what I had trained to be for my whole time as a ballet performer. I became the top of my dance school, and I jumped over every hurdle I was asked to pass. I was the closest to perfection, and my skill and grace were always hitting the mark. But, with every dance I have done, no matter how perfect and graceful it was, there was always something missing that I couldn't see, even if I keep replaying the dance over in my head.

And I never thought I'd find it when I met him!

See, my ballet school is also a multi-dance school, and with a new contemporary division occupying the studio next to mine, I was bound to meet some of those new dancers eventually. One of them was none other than him.

Red Riot.

Clue of his dance style is in his dance name.

He was an absolute RIOT at dancing! He was the most clumsy, rubbish, inexperienced and stiff dancer I've ever seen. It was an accident when I first walked in on him dancing, and just the sight of it made me think that I had sinned! That HE had sinned! Because his "dancing" had destroyed my idea of what the art dancing was supposed to be! 

Of course, I've never said any of this to his face, but, at least that accident never happened again.

Well, until my stupid teacher made me train him for an upcoming duet we were supposed to present to a live audience by the end of the year.

His explanation? "Kaminari, I know you're going to go against this! But, Kirishima needs to learn from one of our most experienced dancers! And I think you could learn a few things from him too!"

I did pester him for a bit, demanding him what I could possibly learn from such a clutsy rookie like him! I wasn't vain, but I knew talent when I saw it. And Kirishima DEFINITELY had no talent for dancing. What else do I possible learn from him?!

I did eventually give up, unsuccessful with any kind of answer besides a knowing smile, and rush to resentfully book up all the off-peak hours available at the studio until the end of the month. I was going to need all the practice I could get in order to get Kirishima at any level close to mine, or I was for sure to be humiliated!