TodoIida~ Drowning in Shadows

🤍💙

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE TODOIIDA THE ONE SHIP ALMOST NO ONE SHIPS BUT IS NONETHELESS A GOOD SHIP!!! Also, just a head up, this may not be the only one-shot of this ship I'd do :3 Trigger warning because I love this pair when they both need each other, so hate comments in the incinerator plez ^w^

Also, I changed the seating plan...

AU:
Normal
Bullied and Abused Iida (middle school)
Abused Todoroki (Enji's doing)
Mean Monoma (I still love him)
Warnings:
TRIGGER WARNING

It's great to be back in business *cracks knuckles*

[Iida's POV]

I have every reason to be scared for my first day at UA, and all of the people who were destined to be in my class. And I have all of my middle school years to prove it.

See, trauma is a little like a shadow. When it happens to you, it always sticks to you, and no matter how bright the room you are in is, that shadow will always be there. Reminding you of you had once been through.

Immediately, once I set foot through that giant door, I already get fresh flashbacks when I see the ash blonde leaning back on his chair, feet lying on his desk. If it were under different circumstances, I would probably be beyond cringed. But seeing his smug face as he flickers through his phone with mockery in his eyes made the memories that I had only hoped to forget replay clearer in my mind.

For a moment, when I blink, that boy was my former bully, Nato Kitagawa. I could see the resemblance in his facial features, nose a little blunter, eyes sharper and a dark brown. His hair looked too real for comfort, dangling down in braids that he thought was cool in 6th Grade, and I could hear his venomous, teasing voice that never fails to bring my body on high alert.

"Ah, finally you show up, nerd!"

I shudder, remembering when he proceeded to grab my neck with an icy vice-like grip, causing the world to spin around, and when I entered back into my body, the ash blonde still as he was in his place. For a moment, there was a deaf silence, the faintest sound of ringing in my ear. I could still feel the tension in my muscles and the ghost of freezing finger imprints burning onto the soft skin under my jaw. I try to get some colour into my hands, red scratches now marking up my once soft palms.

To stop myself from getting triggered again, I push my glasses back up my nose, and walk up to the boy, promptly asking him to get his feet off the table. Almost as if by coincidence, he sneers back at me, causing another fit of flashbacks to flash through my mind, tears prickling my vision. I see a momentary flash of worry in his eyes, but with me retorting back at him, that worry was briskly gone.

I sit myself back into an available seat to the back when more people started to flock in, and I look at each of them as they walk through the door. There was a green-and-black-haired boy who looked tremendously nervous (whom the blonde mentioned earlier started screaming at), a brunette with a bubbly personality, and a girl with forest-green hair, a little of her tongue poking out. It looked oddly like a frogs tongue, which was quite fascinating.

There were a lot of empty seats, so I once again pear around the classroom, just to double-check if everything was in order. However, there was one person in the corner of the room that I didn't notice before.

It was a duel-haired boy, probably the same height as me, sitting inaudibly at a desk, nose firmly stuck in a book. I don't know what of him caught my eye, whether his reserved nature or his red and white hair, but he seemed almost entrancing to look at, the way his silver eye travelled speedily up and down the pages, hastily and somehow soundlessly turning them over. He showed no emotion on his face, lip quivering slightly but pressed into a firm line, blinking gracefully, allowing the tips of his lashes to glitter like snow. I think that's what my first impression of him was. Delicate, like snowflakes, beautiful and yet almost fragile, though ice is a strong structure. I didn't know why I hadn't realised how intently I was staring at him, but my interest only peaked when he suddenly stops reading and closes his eyes to shudder, the glimpses of crystalline tears forming.