Broken~ Part 2

💚🧡

Requested by EraserHEAD39

So... the ending is a bit...

AU:
Pro Heroes (not really)
Warnings:
Heavy angst
Swearing

A year later...
[Izuku's POV]

The rest of that year flew past in a blur, incoherent, colourless and without purpose. My world had already crashed and no one - not even Kacchan - could change that.

I couldn't feel, or even live, either. Kacchan has tried so hard to fix me, either working quickly or working double shifts just to free up spare time. He takes me to places: through forests and their lush canopies; between cherry blossoms and across beaches; around lagoons and through the winter snow at night with a starry sky. He really is a hero, managing to live such a complicated life with a broken, useless boyfriend, without a job or a secured source of income, and as a hero, to which he can be dragged from home whenever an emergency or random villain attack takes place.

Still, that same, lifeless expression is written on my face, eyes boring aimlessly into the reflection in the mirror that I so ardently hated, voice empty  and monotone.

I tell him I'm sorry, though I don't feel it. I didn't want to hurt his feelings - a small part of me still cared for and appreciated him. I say I'm sorry for being useless; for not being a better boyfriend; for being a burden; for not making him happy because I couldn't become happy myself. All the little dates he had planned that would normally melt my heart left me with no emotion and it hurts to think that Kacchan spends all that time and care but is only rewarded with yet another dead expression.

No fucking reaction.

I want to hate myself, but I can't! I want to hurt because I should be, but I can't! My mind felt like it had shut down, the world only appearing bleak! There was a b-block, somewhere in my head that prevents me from feeling! I want to feel! I want so much and so little and it felt like something was ready to explode, deep inside of me, but the detonator cannot be set off!

I really did break, and I will never be fixed...

Until at this moment.

𝙳𝚈𝙽𝙰𝙼𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃 𝙶𝙾𝙸𝙽𝙶 𝙾𝚄𝚃 𝚆𝙸𝚃𝙷 𝙰 𝙱𝙰𝙽𝙶.

𝙿𝚛𝚘 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚘 𝙳𝚢𝚗𝚊𝚖𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚐𝚎𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝚒𝚗𝚓𝚞𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚍𝚞𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚗 𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚌𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚂𝚑𝚘𝚝𝚘 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙸𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚗𝚒𝚞𝚖.

It was the mission that had been planed for months. The mission that I was supposed to be going on. The mission that was risky, and had a potential chance of death. Any fight with a villain might have some risk of death, but this mission had a much greater one.

And, with receiving this article, an overwhelming feeling of panic and horror floods through me.

My hands felt more numb than usual as I dial the agency's number, waiting after four long rings before someone picks up.

"Sorry, we're not currently taking ca-"

"NO!"

I didn't mean to yell - I swear - but a sudden surge of anger had overcome me, my mind filling with the idea of being kept from knowing about this accident. I... I wouldn't have fucking known if it weren't for the fucking media! How long was I supposed to be kept from finding out if I hadn't picked up this morning's paper?! Why didn't they just... f-fucking call me?!