Presents

I was feeling like dishing out a bit of pain before Fluff February.

What better time to start than now!

AU:
Normal
Warnings:
Heavy Angst
Character death

[No one's POV]

What the fuck was wrong with them?

Three weeks as passed, and yet their behaviour never changes.

There was this void in each of their chests that couldn't be filled.

A void that made them feel like they were decaying from the inside, slowly dissolving into nothing.

Eijiro had lost all motivation, locking himself up in his room and refusing to come out, lacking energy to do anything at all. Izuku was restless, busying himself with any moment he had, working day and night. He could no longer bring himself to close his eyes. Denki tries to act as if nothing had happened, all smiles and fake laughs. He attempts on getting others out of their rooms, trying to keep up the mood of class 1-A. Katsuki had become eerily quite. Katsuki...

Was not there.

The teachers of UA had collectively decided to keep their students on campus, unless they'd wanted to return home. Everyone, however, wanted to stay, the trio included.

It was Christmas day.

No one cared that it snowed. Everyone opened their presents in silence, ate food and performed actions in a solemn way. Tenya had attempted making food for everyone, with Momo's help. She tried making hot chocolate like Katsuki did, on nights where the three couldn't sleep.

It was almost akin, but it wasn't the same. Damn it, it didn't have the same love that Katsuki put in it.

Eijiro drank it slowly, savouring it wordlessly and thanking Momo quietly. Izuku gulps it down, not bothering to thank her. He couldn't manage it - he had so much else to do! Denki turned it down. It reminded him too much of the dead blonde - something that he was trying his best to forget.

They didn't know what they were. Maybe they were close friends. Maybe they were lovers. But there were no confessions or declarations of love. Maybe they did love each other in a way greater than friendship.

Whatever they were, they weren't anymore.

Or, at least until a visitor had come.

All Might had entered the common room and went about the building, calling an emergency meeting. The students, with no choice, drag themselves there, waiting for the news. The sight they behold, however, was of Mitsuki.

A woman that awfully reassembled the missing blonde.

What they failed to notice, however, was the large sack behind her, the contents of whatever was inside it pressing up against the material.

Mitsuki hasn't slept well. Only recently, however, had she started getting back into routine. She's a strong woman who takes after her son, eventually seeing the beauty in her son's noble death.

A beauty those in 1-A can't seem to find themselves.

"K-Katsuki never wrote a will because he thought he'd make it to Number One before he passed away. B-But..."