The Edge of a Blade

💚🧡

It's nice and sunny today! I don't know why I've writing angst though!

AU:
Normal
Warnings:
Heavy angst

Inspired by Hwarang (I haven't watched it)

[No one's POV]

There, Izuku stood, being congratulated and marvelled at by everyone. They had every reason to be proud of him! He had, after all, helped evacuate a building he had coincidentally been working in for his internship earlier that day! Everyone in Class 1-A was proud of him!

Everyone, but Katsuki.

Katsuki didn't know how to feel. 

Seeing Izuku then, getting showered with praises and amazement, reminded him of what the greenette was. What he was before.

Back then, Izuku was nothing but a bug beneath his foot, one he could squash at any moment. Back then, Katsuki was the one who was getting bathed in praises, looked up to by even Izuku himself.

But, standing here, feeling as if the roles were reversed... it looked like he was the one who was beneath Izuku.

He felt weak. Not just emotionally, but physically as well. In the race between the two rivals, it was as if Izuku was the one getting lucky, being able to get enough opportunities to save people. Yet the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity Katsuki had been given, when he managed to be in person with the League of Villains, he'd messed up. He let them go. He played the victim. And, what's more, he ended All Might.

No matter how hard he tried, he could never do better.

Which was why, instead of feeling proud or upset or angry, he walks away. To think. To believe that he still had a chance of becoming number one. Like he said, it was just luck that he was able to save people! It was all a fluke and, without it, Katsuki was still better.

But his mind couldn't help but think that he was the one who was the mistake.

He was the one who let Izuku become better than him.

He was the one who didn't work hard enough.

As much as he hated to admit it, it was his own doing that he was so low.

He didn't think, running away from the dorm building and into the overbearing sunlight, mocking him with all its shining glory. He refused to stop, small tears starting to drip from his eyes. He stopped somewhere in the middle of the forest that surrounded UA, lost amidst the identical-looking trees, leaving him completely isolated. Away from the main path.

He finally broke, falling to his knees as one sob cracks out after the other. It was raining hard, though the ground remained bone-dry. Katsuki allows a mere thirty seconds of vulnerability, releasing frequent sobs and tears before he forced his mouth shut, wiping the moisture from his eyes and blinking them furiously away to clear up his vision on the blend of colour in front of him.

That was, until he makes out three dark shapes in front of him, all of them seeming to emerge from behind the trees. 

"Awwww look at him! He's like a little baby!" Katsuki didn't need clarification on who that was. The over-powering sweetness of it was enough. However, when his sight clears up, he finds out she wasn't alone.

There were two others accompanying Himiko. One of them being Tomura. The other being Dabi. They all held cunning expressions.

Katsuki would've shouted for help if he hadn't been feeling so bad. There, in front of him, was the main members of the League of Villains, all looking at him as if he were some piece of meat. He had an opportunity before, and he had messed that up. And as if it had been handed to him by the generosity of the universe, here was a second one.