Replay

💚🧡

Fun fact: I'm still dying (finished The Song of Achilles).

I've settled a little, but that night was the most emotional night of my life.

And now, here's a one-shot based off of a chapter from 'Whishes' - that angst is REAL!

AU:
Normal
Warnings:
TRIGGER WARNING

[No one's POV]

Izuku is awake again. The morning was the same as yesterday, and the day before that, and the day before that. Everything felt the same, although his limbs felt heavier than usual, and his tears stung sharper, only a few tears coming out.

His alarm blares in his ears, like a siren whacking him back into reality from the horror of his dreams, and he reaches to turn it off.

He didn't want to go. Not again.

He wasn't ready to go back to that hell.

Not yet, at least.

He gets up, urging his feet to move, pulling himself out of is bed and rubbing the sleep from his eyes. His cheeks weren't raw, and no blood was on his uniform. Or nightwear. His uniform was in his closet, cleaned as of the day before.

Still, just in case, he pulls it out, turning on his All Might nightlight to see a stainless uniform. No blood. No surprise on that. He was ready for it to be stained again.

He moves to his closet, reaching blindly for a pair of shorts and a top. He then pulls on some socks and moves downstairs, enjoying the silence whilst it lasted. He doesn't bother eating breakfast, his stomach too queasy to eat. He then puts in some earphones, slips his feet into some trainers, and takes his keys, stepping outside into the cool darkness. It was somewhat blissful on his boiling skin.

Once shuffling a random playlist, he heads out. He knew he was late, but it would be fine. There would always be tomorrow. And the day after that. And the day after that.

His boyfriend was waiting for him on the bench they'd usually sat on in mornings to watch the sun rise over the hills. The very bench where the two had confessed on a spring day a few months back. Now, the weather was cooler than it normally is mid-day, causing the two to agree in meeting even earlier in the morning. After glimpsing at the watch, Izuku realises that it was 5.23 - slightly later than he was yesterday.

Somehow, no matter how many times Izuku comes back here, Katsuki always talks about something different. Yesterday, it was about the different places he wished to travel to as boyfriends. The day before, it was about a date they would never go on. And the day before that... Izuku was too tired to remember.

"What's up, Izuku?"

He'd half-expected Katsuki's voice of concern. However, unlike the other days before, it held more worry. And even fear. Who knew that the Bakugo Katsuki could feel scared!

"Stupid insomnia," Izuku answers, his own voice gravelly but plain, as if this was all another rehearsal. But Katsuki should believe him - he always does

Although he doesn't.

"No, it isn't. You look like shit, Izuku. Was it a villain? Or a nightmare? D-Do you need me to stay over?" Izuku tries not to release a bitter laugh, smiling ironically to himself as he sits beside Katsuki, hunching over and lacing his hands together between his legs.

"It wouldn't matter anyway, Kacchan," he mumbles, a stinging in his nose making him want to cry, although his tear ducts had been squeezed dry over the day before. And the day before that. And the day before that.