I Want To See You

❤️💛

NOT ANGST!!! Well... Not a lot at least XD

Again, praise this artist!!!

AU:
Red String of Fate
Normal
Warnings:
Angst

Mentions of self harm

[Eijiro's POV]

I have a red string. A red string connecting to my soulmate. And only I can see it. Only me and my soulmate.

I've never gone on a quest yet. My mother won't let me. Says I'm too young. But I'm okay with it - I'm sure my encounter with my soulmate would be worth waiting so long for.

I have been getting concerned, lately. I've noticed how, every day after school throughout our last year in middle school, the string trembles. It was nice to know that red strings could transmit my soulmate's emotional state. On particularly bad nights, when the string twists and turns in the dark at midnight, I give a little prayer, hoping that I could provide some kind of comfort to them.

I have questions to ask them, like where about in the word they live? How old are they? What are their dreams and likes and dislikes? Do they like sweet or savoury? Crunchy or soft? Tea or coffee?

Have they every wondered about me the same way like I've wondered about them?

~~~

[Denki's POV]

I have a red string. A red string connecting me to my soulmate. And only I can see it. Only me and my soulmate.

I've never gone on a quest yet. I'm too scared to know what my soulmate looks like, or for them to see me. I'm okay with it - it's better if we remain anonymous anyway.

My quirk has been losing control, lately. I've noticed that my body isn't accustomed to my own quirk, and my own body dysmorphia and self consciousness failed to provide any comfort. On particular bad nights, when my mother starts yelling at me and dad and I can't breathe, my head spiralling into the abyss, I find my way back by the warmth of the string, giving me the strength and comfort to sleep.

I have questions to ask them, like how they managed to be so calm and comforting at the most perfect moments? What's their quirk? Did they care what I looked like? Did they care that I liked ridiculous amounts of sugar in my tea?

Have they prolonged our encounter for just as long as I have?

~~~

[Eijiro's POV]

I was catching up on class work. There was a lot to do, but it wasn't anything that I couldn't handle, so I decided to dig my teeth into it. It was mostly my fault for not doing the work the day or week it was set, but I've slept plenty on those nights and, in a sense, I kind of deserved this.

But I jump when I feel a sudden scratching my wrist.

It frightened me when I saw fresh cuts along my flesh, continuing to grow. They weren't bleeding, but were an aggressive red. A rare soulmate connection, where you can draw along your skin, and your partner would get the same mark in the same place.