Can't You Sleep?

💚🧡

I'm spoiling you guys XD

AU:
Normal
Warnings:
None

Hehe :3

[No one's POV]

Sleep is quite underrated, for most of the global population. Those who work nightshifts? Don't have time! Doctors? Help others before they help themselves! Heroes? What even is sleep!

But, as for the future pro heroes of class 1-A, you'd receive a colourful array of answers. Denki and Mina would flat-out talk about their regular all-nighter schedule, mostly to binge videos and send each other cat memes til dawn. Then there's Tenya, who loves to gabble on about the importance of sleep and how getting at least ten hours would be beneficial for having a clear thought process throughout an entire day. Then, you get people like Fumikage, who do nothing but spend the majority of their free time cooped up in a dark room and who essentially sleep whenever they feel like it - his sleep schedule is a little messed up but nothing dramatic enough to make him miss school.

But what if you refuse to sleep? What if you couldn't physically sleep? Some people don't have the luxury of sleep. Of closing your eyes and dreaming of going to a place elsewhere and time flying by like the swing of a pendulum, almost instantly opening your eyes and realising that it's yet another beautiful morning where you could live another day to its fullest. These people have to suffer an entire night of tossing and turning and trying to go to sleep, staring up at empty ceilings with nothing but the silence of the witching hour and waiting for just a glimpse of the sun, or the slightest sound to know that someone else was awake to save them from their boredom. And, worse of all, they have no energy for the next day. They're tired of staring at their mobile phones, the bright screen making their vision blur. And the awful fatigue that comes with it - some learn to adapt but others appear like zombies, dragging their knuckles across the floor as they slump and sag throughout the day.

Katsuki has insomnia.

Okay. Understandable. This might be a shock to you. If Katsuki has insomnia then why does he look so handsome in every picture or video he had showcased himself in? And why does he always go to bed so early? Not even Tenya goes to bed at 8!

Well, to answer the first question, Katsuki has secretly mastered the art of make-up, and can mask up the hideous bags under his eyes. And, to answer the second, Katsuki doesn't want pity, and he also doesn't want people getting suspicious. Fatigue sinks in at 7, and he sends himself upstairs at 8 to attempt to get himself a night's worth of sleep. Sometimes, when he's lucky, he manages to get a few hours in. Three hours? Maybe four? Five hours, if he's really lucky. Six, on the other hand, is practically unheard of.

And since when had this happened from? Why, since he stopped being Izuku's friend, who used to sleep over with him every weekend. They'd share a bed and go to sleep whilst having the warming sounds of an old All Might movie playing itself to an invisible audience. Mitsuki had noticed how the brat had stopped going to bed on time, always finding herself waking up at ungodly hours in the night to the loud sounds of a TV going off downstairs. It was definitely strange to see a six-year-old watching All Might movies at 3am in the morning. That was around the time he was diagnosed and was offered sleeping pills to help knock him out easier.

Now, Katsuki despised those devilish pills. They'd always give him sleep paralysis the next morning. Doesn't do too well with his developed inferiority complex and often gave him PTSD to the sludge villain incident. So he deals with the irritation of sleepless nights, making up for it with the unlimited fuel of anger that powered him through any day.