Regrets ~ Part 2

💚🧡

Redemption :)

AU:
Pro Heroes
Warnings:
Mention of drugs

Angst

[No one's POV]

So, what happens next?

What happens to Cain, after he murders Abel?

He wanders, continuing to wander without purpose or soul, alone for the rest of his life.

That's what Katsuki felt like.

No longer did he feel that beat in his heart. One of purpose that sent blood all throughout his body, spreading that liquor of life. Now, all that spreads is liquor itself, burning with a fire that feasts on his organs, his lungs decaying, wheezing to recycle the air that he didn't need. It's heavy, like smoke in his chest, choking on the way out.

He couldn't stop.

It was addictive now because he deserved it. He deserved this deadly addiction, drinking his liver to failure, weeping every night for what he'd done. Losing something so great, filling it with alcohol in the hopes that this cavity fills.

His position in the hero rankings start to crawl down, always turning down requests for him to take responsibility for a villain attack. What's the point if he himself were a villain? Did he have any right of saving others with knowing he had murdered a child? He was certain he was being haunted by the ghost of his own daughter, the same words screaming like a record in his boyfriend's voice. "YOU MURDERED HER!"
And he did.

And he will never forgive himself.

He managed to anonymously hire a room from some shady man down his street. He didn't want word of his existence anymore, remaining hidden from the scorn of the public eye. There, he leaves the little clothes he had, some belonging to himself and the odd t-shirt belonging to his...He still watches Izuku on TV. He didn't have such a luxury of having his own one, so he watches it passively, like on the public TV display at the store or in the pub. He wishes he could get over seeing the same news over and over again, but he could never. Not when the same bold letters blare at him. But he wanted to see his boyfriend, and so went through the pain of that constant reminder, looking at those sad but beautiful emerald eyes, shining with a light that could never be put out, despite having lost what he knew was his pride and joy.
He broke his sim card, remembering to block all social media; all messaging servers; all images in his album. He erased whatever was good in his life, because he deserved it. This pain. The pain he'd given to his own daughter - no. No amount of betrayal would amount to a child being killed by their own father.

At night, he'd cry himself to sleep, or give up trying to get any. The darkness was a permanent reminder of the one his daughter had faced oh too soon. What that one movement between life and death painless? Did she suffer? Were those cries or joy or cries of...

He grew a beard, his once-piercing eyes blunt and broken and so damn lost. The rings under his eyes were like charcoal, the lines of his forehead marred in place. He managed to stomach a few pieces of food from the credit card he had, that also having very little left, since he decided to give most of it back to his grieving ex. He could only afford a bread slice here and there, only then to puke it out. Whether it was down to the sickness of mourning or sickness from the dangerous alcohol levels in his blood stream would remain a mystery.

Drugs were his next release. It was a late night at the pub and, whilst drinking his liver to death, a shady woman came over, her bottom lip and eyelids pierced, a black hoodie concealing most of her face and arms. She smacks a syringe filled with a clear substance on the table, her mouth curling into a toothed grin.