Overtime

💚🧡

Requested by gaily_mha

It's also inspired by one of SaskiiMu 's one-shots (Say It Back), but I've added my own tweeks to it.

Hope you enjoy :D

AU:
Pro Hero Katsuki
Quirkless Izuku
Warnings:
Angst

[Izuku's POV]

Kacchan isn't home.

Of course he isn't! He's at work! He said he had patrol today and privately texted me that he would be working overtime! It's only been about four minutes since he'd texted me!

But he isn't home.

It felt eerily quiet now. There were no sounds of irritated grumbling about the aching of limbs, or the headache received from energetic colleagues, or about how useless the coffee machines at work are because the beans never grind and there's always significantly more water than milk.But it shouldn't be a problem! It's not the first time this has happen to Kacchan! It's not the first time this has happened to myself either! I've been to get-togethers longer than Kacchan has been out working!

But it felt so last-minute.

Kacchan would normally text in advance when he'd be working overtime. He'd have been told earlier! Not right before he's supposed to be home!

I force myself to take a deep breath.

Calm down, Izuku. It's not that bad! Katsuki would never abandon you like that! He... He's working, and said he'd be back as quickly as he could! He'll come back, and we can watch another All Might movie together!

Turned out he did come back.

8.46.

He promised me he'd start coming earlier during winter months.

He'd worked overtime.

He'd then proclaimed that he was tired. Tugs off his shoes and takes the quickest of showers. I change and wait until he was done, and I hold his hand gently.

"Do you want to watch a movie with me?" I ask.

"Sorry, no," he says. I try not to flinch at the monotone voice he uses.

He then gets into bed, right on the edge, and his eyes slam shut. I grit my teeth, but lay beside him anyway, curling my arms around his body. We then sleep, and even though my skin was against his, I could feel an invisible wall separating us.

Then came the next day.

Kacchan had already woken up when I did. His boxers were on the floor instead of in the laundry basket. His gym clothes were behind the door as well. Did he already run?

I try not to think too much of it.

I roll myself out of bed, making the bed neatly before hurrying downstairs, ready to make
Kacchan a coffee, like I always did.
However, when I'd got down, he was... Leaving.
He was already leaving.
Why is he leaving? Why is he leaving?!
"K-Kacchan?"
My voice is shaking. My nerves are buzzing. I'm trying to calm my breathing.
"Wh-Where are you going?"
Kacchan doesn't turn to face me. He's zipping up his rucksack, taking his set of keys and his phone, dropping them in the front pocket. He's already in his hero attire.
"Work," he mumbles, taking a large bite out of the slice of toast he had. It was half-eaten.
"Do you not want a coffee? Would you like me to make you lunch?"
He doesn't answer. Not until he finishes his toast, even then putting on his back and opening the door to walk out, one foot already out of the door.
"No thanks," he grumbles, leaving the hallway. He was there, in front of me, but I felt like he was oceans away, the distance feeling much too far. There was something thick and invisible between us and he's deaf to everything I say; blind to everything I do.
"Wh-When will you be back?"
I'm trying to reach out to him. I'm trying to make him talk. He's ignoring me and scaring me and I hate this change. I hate that he's suddenly ignoring me. I hate that he's changed everything and I hate the distance and I hate... God I'm so scared! I'm worried! I-I don't want him to go!
"Evening. Might take a night shift too."
He keeps walking out, not looking back.
I try not to cry.

💚🧡Bakudeku & Kirikami One Shots❤️💛जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें