7 days

❤💛

Ok, this is a sad-ish angst. Well, the concept is sad, but it's a wholesome cliché!

AU:
Aged up
No quirks
Warnings:
Wholesome angst

[No one's POV]

"We're very sorry, Mr Kirishima. He's... He's only got a week left..."

Kirishima had longed that day to be a normal one. It started off as normal as any other. He woke up to the sight of his boyfriend snuggled into his chest and decided to make breakfast, unable to be lulled back to sleep.

After lumbering downstairs, he'd tidied up the medication and prescription boxes strewn across the counter and made his rightful way into the kitchen, a beaming smile stretched on his face.

Of course, he would've stayed to put the crutches away that were propped against the radiator and the ECG monitor that was idly standing in the corner of the room whilst he was waiting for the eggs to cook, if he hadn't heard the prominent thud from the room above him.

Kirishima had partially been expecting the worse from the doctors when he had called an ambulance over after laying eyes on the silky blonde hair splayed across the carpet.

But never this.

It felt like he had put his hand on a stove, the realisation rocketing through him painfully, like needles prickling up his muscles. He didn't want it to be real.

The love of his life was... going to die!

There was so much that he wanted to do with him! He was planning to propose to him by next month! He had mentally planned the venue and the outfit and the guests and everything! He was saving up to buy that motorbike he had wanted for a long time! Or moving out of their small house to a larger one further up state!

But all of that crumbled to pieces.

He sucks a shaky breath, wiping away a few of his tears with the sleeve of his jumper, clearing his throat to reply to the doctor.

"Um... C-Can I s-speak t-to him?"

The doctor nods, shuffling to the side and letting Kirishima through.

Into the white room, where his very angel laid, face painted pale, golden eyes still sparkling with that familiar light.

He seemed to be fairly alright, engaged in the middle of a conversation with a nurse, despite being so frail and on the borderline with death. Ignoring the hollowness of his cheeks or the ghost white of his skin, he was still that ray of sunshine Kirishima had fallen to his knees for.

Upon seeing the glimpse of red in the corner of his eye, Kaminari's head turns slowly as his conversation comes to a steady end, facing his tearful boyfriend. Of course, Kaminari was upset that he had only seven days until he... dies. But, it didn't hurt him as much as he thought it would.

In fact, to say the least, it felt like he was drinking an elixir of life!

Smiling, Kaminari speaks, the roughness of his voice evident. "Hey Kiri!"

Instantly, at the sound of that name, Kirishima starts to sob, a few tears falling from his eyes. But, despite the tragic situation, he finds himself smiling back.

"Why are you the one crying? Shouldn't I be the one instead?" Kirishima knew those words were intended to change the mood, but he couldn't help but hear the slight twist in them. Reminding him of the harsh reality.

Still, he lets out shaky laughter, dabbing more tears away and replying. "Y-Yeah! Your l... literally gonna d-die!"

Kaminari took no offence to what his boyfriend had said. He knew he would be heartbroken. But, in honesty, he didn't want his last days on earth to be ones of sadness.