The Night We Met

💚🧡💚🧡💚🧡💚🧡💚🧡💚🧡💚🧡

Come on guys... It was inevitable for me to write a song fic on this song!

HAPPY KATSUDEKU DAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!

I love how close the days for my two most favourite ships in the world are UwU

Anywayz, listen to this song or I'll murder you.

AU:
Class 3-A
Normal
Warnings:
Slight angst

Imma try my best to make you cry in wholesomeness!!!

[No one's POV]

Katsuki walks into the hall, instantly being greeted by Kirishima and Kaminari, the two idiots who decided to take each other out to disguise the fact that they couldn't find a date. Jiro was being the DJ, which left Kaminari single, and Mina wasn't in the mood for going with a date, since it was their graduation party. 

Katsuki had struggled to find something decent, mostly because his closet was stuffed with sweats and t-shirts, but eventually had his mum pull up a suit that he wore to a wedding he'd been to not too long before. Luckily, he didn't grow too much, and he was able to snag some old shoes from his dad. 

He tried styling his hair differently, but failed miserably. So he settled with keeping his hair spiky and decorating his waistcoat with a small red rose. The old hag always told him that red roses did bring out the colour of his eyes, and he hated to completely agree with her.

"Yo Bakugooooo you're looking great tonight!" Kaminari winks, the slight slurring in his speech hinted that he'd had something to drink.

"Tch," is all Katsuki replies with, rolling his eyes.

"Denki I'll catch up with you in a sec. I need a word with Bakubro," Kirishima tells him, earning a pout from Kaminari.

Still, he leaves.

"So, you're planning to ask him today, right?" Kirishima whispers to him, only risking as much as a side glance to his scowling face. If anyone got close enough, the slight twitching of the corner of his mouth meant that he was nervous.

"Duh. What am I? A chicken!" Katsuki scoffs, a habit he picked up to hide his building anxiety.

Kirishima pat's him on the back encouragingly. "That's the spirit! Manly as always, Bakubro! I wish you the best of luck!" And with that, the redhead turns on his heal, merging into the crowd to get to the drinks table. Katsuki would rather die than admit to Kirishima that he was a great friend, supporting him through thick and thin.

With new found confidence, he huffs out with a faint smile, and starts the search for his prince: Midoriya Izuku.

For a whole half hour, he'd tried to find him, but the crowd of third-year hero course and business and general study students keep obscuring his vision, and he found himself taking drinks offered to him by waiters. Eventually, he'd given up, finding himself slouched on a side bench.

"So, you're planning to ask him today, right?"

Remembering what Kirishima had said to him before already struck a nerve, and Katsuki slouches back against the wall, crossing his arms defiantly. The annoying and energetic music didn't help one bit.

Until it changes.

Into a softer melody.

There was a smooth tempo, the silky harmonies of a singer's voice chiming through the hall, only later accompanied by the sounds of a guitar, the gentle plucking resonating in Katsuki's chest, strumming along the lyre strings of his heart. In a lovestruck daze, he stands up, a rush of calm and coolness allowing the world around him to settle, the bustling of partying people fading to nothing, and all he could hear is the music drifting to every corner of that room.