Honesty

❤️💛

I know you can't tell, but this is a Transgender! Kirishima fanfic! WUINWIAJFWEWOIFN I'VE WANTED TO DO THIS FOR SO LOOOOOOONG!!!

AU:
Trans! Kiri
Pro Heroes
Warnings:
Insecurities

[Kami's POV]

Kiri and I were linking arms as we walked back towards our apartment, arms linked together. It was slowly turning evening, a slight blush in the sky, very few white dots poking through the cloudy haze above. I leaned in closer to the body next to me, smiling in thought.

"What are you smiling at?" I turn to look at the redhead walking beside me, and immediately start laughing. His eyes were almost like the stars themselves, sparkling with new-found delight. This only increased his curiosity, eyes glowing that bright ruby red.

"Oh, not much. Just admiring how similar you look to the lights in the sky!" I smile when I see him getting flustered, and soon became the lead to walking us back home. It had been an exhausting day, the two of us working hard. For some reason, the Professional Annual Hero Licencing Exam, which had to have a theory part in it. And it is common knowledge that Kiri and I both do absolutely terrible when it comes to written exams. But, it wasn't ridiculously hard. Just exhausting.

Me and Kiri are known as "Solid Electricity", hence Kiri's hardening quirk and my electricity. We work well together, since Kiri's hardening prevents him from getting any shock, and using Kiri as defence would also help me attack. And, even out of work, we get along perfectly. It's how I convinced Kiri to move into my apartment in the first place. Well, after some bribery! He seemed very reluctant about it though.

"So, we've been through a long day, Hun. Whatcha wanna do when we get back?" I felt him slightly tense against me, which made me stop in my tracks, turning to face him. Nervous and terrified was an understatement to what he looked right now. He wasn't smiling anymore, eyes blank and wide in almost anxiety, colour completely washed from his face. "Eiji? Kiri? You ok?" I tried to say as softly as I could, but I mentally wince when I hear the friendliness in my tone. It was supposed to be a straight-forward question. But, he didn't give me time to correct myself.

"A-Ah, yeah I'm fine, nothing to worry about!" He was definitely lying.

"Seriously, Eijiro, please tell m-"

"I-I'll tell you when we get back!" He suddenly cuts me off, and I sigh. He normally made some kind of excuse to delay himself, and because I hate asking people to open up to me when they seem fine, or like they don't want to talk. "I promise, Denki."

"Swear on your pinkie?" He seems to return to his old self, grinning brightly he could possibly outshine the sun.

"I swear on my pinkie, Kami!" I smile back, but the unease between us was definitely thick as we proceeded to walk onward. I hope Kiri stays true to his word.

Kirishima was peculiar when it came to changing. He never allowed me inside, and always grabbed his clothes before bolting to the bathroom, changing quickly as if he didn't want to seem suspicious. I never thought much about this, but after what happened today, I started to notice patterns. I've never seen Kirishima without any clothes on. Well... not that it's a bad thing or anything, i-it's just that he seems almost... insecure. But, there is no way he can be! It isn't manly... right?

But, I thought perhaps maybe Kirishima was in denial to move in with me in case I saw him without any clothing? Probably why he's so nervous when it came to changing into hero costumes back at high school (A/N: Y'all, pretend Kiri wasn't wearing the topless get-up and he was wearing something like Bakugo. But it doesn't matter, it isn't in the plot shuddup!). Maybe he was actually going to show me his body?