What he needs to be

❤💛

Inspired by explorerseel8

(Sorry about the random update 2 days ago I had to unpublish and republish a one-shot)

Y'all are a bunch of smut-thirsty weirdos :/

I'm not sure Rinn remembers this, but this one-shot was inspired by a conversation I had with them!

This is a MEGA angst warning, but no character death :)

AU:
Normal
Warnings:
TRIGGERING CONTENT

[No one's POV]

It was during one of Kaminari's hero training sessions with his class when he had first realised the truth. Or what he thought was a truth.

They had finished up for the day, the last step being cleaning everything up before getting dressed to go back to the dorms. There were a few contraptions put out, most of them slightly heavy, and some of the girls and guys in the class left early, purely because the movement was only a 10-person job.

Kaminari was one of the people who remained behind, hoping to be somewhat useful to everyone else. However, it was during his conversation with Ojiro when that hope was diminished.

"Hey, Kami! Don't worry about the rest, man, I think we've got it! We don't really need you, so you can go ahead and head back!" Ojiro meant no malice, talking sweetly before helping Shoji with moving the auto ball thrower. It was a blow for Kaminari, though.

He looked around him, that small trigger making him open his eyes, and took note that everyone there had muscle. Fair enough that Kirishima and Sato had strength quirks, but at least everyone else had muscles. Bakugo, Midoriya, Iida, Yaoyorozu. Even Todoroki!

But what did Kaminari have?

He looks at his arms, seeing how jelly-like they were, what was meant to be muscle was instead fat. No wonder why he was told to go! What use would he have been?

This realisation, however, was the first of many.

The whole of class 1-A were eating at the dinning table, Kaminari being the last in and walking over to the food table, admiring the neat food Sato and Asui had helped prepare. Kaminari takes a little bit of everything, loading his plate with food that smelt and looked mouth-watering. He walks in and sits next to Kirishima as per usual, feeling slightly off when Kirishima slaps his back. He didn't feel like engaging himself into a conversation, looking down to his plate and starting to eat before pausing. He felt as if he was being stared at.

Kaminari looks up, only to realise no one was looking at him, still occupied into their own conversation, and looked down again to eat his food, only to feel several eyes on him again. He looks up again, unable to shake off the feeling, and no one was even caught looking in his direction. The thought of being the centre of attention made him feel rather uncomfortable, his appetite decreasing, and it took him a while before looking at everyone else's plates.

He was the only person there who took that much food.

No one had even touched their plates yet, and it looks as if they were having less than half of his amount.

Kaminari should've realised this sooner. He's been there, hording all of the food and stuffing his face like an animal, getting fat and weak, whilst everyone else was limiting their food, watching what they eat, and get muscle by working off what they input.

He was hardly taking his position in a place so prestigious as the best school in Japan seriously!

That evening, he struggled to down his food, feeling everyone watching him with disgust and shame, looking down on him like some unwanted mutt. Kirishima had sensed his off behaviour, especially how untouched the blonde's plate was, and rubs circles into his back, hoping he could encourage his friend to at least savour his food.