Sweet Melodies

💚🧡

I probably will be doing a Cellist Katsuki sometime in the future but... we'll see!!!

AU:
Music AU
Pianist Katsuki
Singer Izuku
Warnings:
None

I'm being very... generous with these warnings >:)

[No one's POV]

He hears it again.

This time, he was just casually walking past the auditorium, walking towards the exit of UA - the prestigious performing arts school - when he hears it again.

As a professional singer who knows all classical music inside out, Izuku knows all sonatas and symphonies, but had never heard music as beautiful as the sweet melodies drifting through those grand doors.

Closing his eyes, he finds himself swaying to the beat, feeling his heart melts as the melody goes quieter and higher, delicate as a feather, something fragile and precious that he feared would shatter. The base, as well, soothing and cushioning the melody. And the chords, so soft and so beautiful and... God! The whole piece send him spiralling in circles, all so sweet and perfect and...

Izuku loses track of time, feeling his eyes snap back open and his legs stride up to the doors, acting brave and opening them with a mere crack to peer through. And he gasps.

There, centre-stage, with his delicate and thin fingers moving expertly, was the player himself, lips slightly parted and eyes half-lidded in concentration. It was clear that he was improvising on the spot - for what purpose, Izuku didn't know, because the seats were void of people - but words couldn't describe how perfect it was, and the pianist himself matched the music very well. In the spotlight, his blonde hair shimmers almost gold, bold lashes curling upwards and making him seem all the more handsome.

Izuku's heart stops, walking further as the music lures him in, the dazzling figure too mesmerising to tear his eyes from. His lungs are closed up, hearing nothing but the sounds that made him want to twirl and leap and do graceful things he knew he was beyond capable of doing.

His movement halts when the music so suddenly stops, and only when he snapped out of his trance had he realised two things:

One - he knew who the pianist was.

And two - the pianist was staring right at him.

He should've known, just by the sight of the blonde, spiky hair, that it was Bakugo Katsuki. And, again, he had only realised when those blood-red eyes were fixed on him. Instantly, his spine becomes erect, and his limbs become a thousand times harder to move.

Bakugo, of all, was known to be the anomaly . No one knew how he had made it in, but he was known to have a bad temper, skip classes often, and having a face of intimidation. At least, now, Izuku knew what they meant.

But what he still couldn't get his head around was why such a fowl-mouthed and feared boy look and sound so... angelic when he played piano!

"The hell are you doin' here?!" he shouts out, gaze not faltering in intensity. Izuku doesn't dare move his eyes elsewhere, though he stiffly waddles his way towards the exit behind him. "An' stop actin' like you have a stick up your ass!"

Izuku freezes again, cold sweat forming from above his brow. He shouldn't have opened those damn doors! He should've at least hidden himself! Why did he have to be so curious and so reckless?!

If only he could disappear.

All Katsuki gets for a response is the sweet lips of the boy in front of him opening and closing like a fish.

"What're you now? A fish?!"

Izuku's jaw snaps shut and, that time, looks away, blood gushing into his cheeks.

He felt as much as he appeared to seem like an idiot.

"I-I just... y-your playing was a... a-amazing and I found myself h-here and..."