{31} Fear

1:26pm

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

"Well, that was close."

Jungkook murmured as we reached our dormitory, with me slumping down on my bed, dazed out while he locks the door.

Yeah, that was close.

Sitting across me, Jungkook stared at me, his head tilted.

"You alright?" He asked, concerned.

"Do I look alright to you?" I asked, sitting up and hugging my knees to try comforting myself. "If the principal and the other teachers haven't interrupted, I would've burst into tears and go crazy!"

"Why would you go crazy?" He questioned, puzzled. "You did look like you were about to die though."

"Physically or mentally?"

"Both?" He guessed but immediately took it back when I groaned in frustration. "Maybe mentally, I was just joking when you were about to die physically."

Pouting, I lay on the bed, my arms and legs spread all over the bed like a star.

"I don't think I'll be able to survive in this school," I murmured, staring at the ceiling that seems to be high and faraway. "With murderers lurking, and with classes cancel, I won't be able to study and won't be able to graduate early. This is honestly a hauntingly inexorable nightmare."

I heard Jungkook let out a sigh I could not define.

"Are you scared?" He asked me softly.

"Why wouldn't anyone be?" I said. "We're all in danger, anyone can die anytime. The most fearful thing would be not knowing when you're about to get murdered. Soon or later, nobody knows."

Letting out a large exhale, I sat up to be caught in surprise by Jungkook's face which was just inches away from mine.

Moving backward to make some space, I folded my arms in puzzlement as Jungkook gladly took the space of my bed that I moved away from to create space.

Now we were just inches away from touching each other again.

"What do you think you're doing on my bed without my consent?" I asked an eyebrow raised as he grinned at me innocently.

"I don't need your consent when I own this room. Every piece of furniture I own in here belongs to me and clearly, it means, whenever you're having a shower or doing your private business, I can enter the bathroom whenever I want to!" He said triumphantly and I glared at him.

I have no mood to deal with his childish and corrupted attitude.

"What's wrong with you?" I demanded angrily. "Do you honestly think I'll have the mood to joke with you? Did you not see what happened a few minutes ago?"

I let out an exasperated sigh in disbelief as he cowered at my rage.

"Talk to someone who can deal with your shit." I spat and he pouts.

"But you're the only one who can deal with my shit..." He mumbled and I frowned.

"What?"

"Nothing." He said, smiling like a child.

Rolling my eyes, I continue hugging my legs and placing my head between my knees.

"This school is scary with people like you," I murmured and he made a face.

"Me? Scary? How am I scary?" He inquired, an eyebrow raised in bewilderment.

Rolling my eyes, I stared at him, giving him a look that he should know.

"You're the principal's son. You can do anything, kick students out, and even punish them. And your attitude sometimes is just unpredictable."

Shuddering, I hug my legs closer and shake my head, trying to remove the thoughts that make my body shiver.

"And that day... I still remember how Yerim got rape and abuse as a punishment... she didn't tell me much since I was still new but her screams and her cries, how can you possibly remove it when they're so abhorrent?"

"Why are you telling me this?" Jungkook asked, his forehead creased into a frown. "Is like you're implying that you're scared that I'll do something like that-"

"That because you might!" I screeched which caught him by surprise. "You always act like you're in charge of everything, and you're dominant and forceful sometimes, that's why you're the principal's son which makes you scary!"

Blinking at me, I expected him to just roll his eyes but he just smiled in disbelief.

"Huh? Where's the girl who always talks back and constantly argue with me, not caring what punishment she'll get for doing that?" He asked, leaning closer to me, and I back away as he does.

"Did my disappearance affect you?" Sighing, he sat back straight and avert his eyes from me to check out the television instead.

"I'm sorry." He murmured.

My eyebrows rose as I stared at him, wondering why he apologizes. "Why did you apologize?" I asked. "You didn't do anything wrong. You're just scary."

"That's the thing..." He mumbled, still have his eyes on the television. "My disappearance affected you. I was gone, you had no roommate and like, you're scared of me and that's the last thing I want it to happen..."

Uh, what?

"What do you mean by the last thing you want it to happen? You don't even care about me," I said, rolling my eyes and he folds his arms, wanting to protest but I cut him off.

"And like, being here is honestly a waste of time. My mum enrolled me in this school because it was the best in the district and was also near to where I live. But after reading about the school rumours, I had different thoughts but my mum reassured me so I was convinced."

He gave me a blank and vacant stare, which bothers me but I decided to continue on my little rant.

"I came here to study, but because of some brainless people who fell out of the stupid tree and hit all of the branches on the way down, thinking that murdering people is cool and that they just made such an incredible achievement- WOW! I'M SOOO HAPPY! TOTALLY!" I yelled, sarcastically out loud and Jungkook shakes his head but was smirking.

Calming myself down, I exhaled loudly as I looked at Jungkook who was curiously looking at me.

"What do I need to do to get you to kick me out?" I murmured. "Like, I don't think I want to do anything illegal to get kicked out, but I'm desperate..."

Pouting, I hugged my legs tightly and rub my head on my knees out of frustration.

"Y/N."

He called and I looked up, raising an eyebrow tiredly.

"What?"

"You said I don't care about you right?" He asked and I nodded confidently.

"Of course, why would you care about me?" I said, folding my legs and passing him a hard look.

Smiling and nodding at the same time, he grinned at me mischievously as he proceeds to lean closer to me, his face inches away from mine as we stared into one another eyes. It was like we were having a staring contest.

"If I don't care about you... would you like me to prove that I do?" He asked and my mouth twisted into a smirk.

"Pfft, in what ways?" I asked, knowing that I just ask a rhetorical question because I knew the answer.

Beaming brightly and showing his bunny teeth, he smirked.

"Will a kiss change your mind?"

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

Thanks for reading!

~Xin