{126} Moon

7:32pm

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

"Four arduous years of having to deal with the murderers have finally come to an end, can you believe it?" Yerim sighed in relief, and I could tell she was smiling in the dark.

Just like Jungkook had told us, we were between building 2 and 3 and it was quite cramped as the buildings were quite closely built together. But this was advantageous as the murderers wouldn't be able to see us. We were completely camouflaged in the dark and had a good view from here to building 7 as the moonlight was shining down in front of it.

"Except I've been here for only one year," I replied, fiddling with the torchlight. Both of us were seated down on the gravel floor and we'd been waiting for about an hour already. I wouldn't complain that it was a waste of time as I get to bond more with Yerim.

"You're probably the gift that's been sent to us out of pity from god," Yerim described and I laughed. "I'm serious, you've captured like most of the murderers-"

"Out of coincidence," I replied and Yerim shook her head.

"I don't know about that Y/N but you're one of the main reasons why this school will be brought back to peace."

"Come on, don't flatter me," I said, trying to hide a smile. I didn't know if it was the truth, but hearing Yerim saying this makes me feel like I wasn't useless.

"But for real, we're really grateful for your existence," Yerim told me and I wanted to look in her eye to see if she meant it but it was too dark. "You've helped us so much and despite having a depressing past with the principal, you still decided to side with us instead of taking over the school with the murderers due to grudges."

"How did you know that I have a depressing past with the principal?" I questioned suspiciously.

"I can tell," Yerim replied. "The way you act around the principal is so strange. You don't bow or say hi to him out of respect whenever you see him. It was as though you guys knew each other."

"You're observant," I praised and she thanked me. "But the eight of you have also worked hard to solve the mysteries of the murderers. Plus, it was a fun journey."

"I hope we get a reward after this mess..." Yerim mumbled, and I laughed. "Like a holiday you know?"

"Yeah, I get what you mean," I replied. "If we do get one, where do you want to go?"

"Maybe to another country with the nine of us, like Hawaii," Yerim suggested and my mind just started imagining about different and new memories we could form.

"I'm sure the principal would give us a holiday... plus a new year means a new start," I said, grinning triumphantly. "Three months of searching the murderers have been tiring, I honestly can't imagine how you guys dealt with it for 4 years. Amazing."

"Well, you can imagine it because it wasn't that bad compared to this year," Yerim replied. "The last three years, they were like making preparation and there weren't many death cases. They only started their job fully this year which was quite a nightmare."

"But we went through it," I finished happily. "Once all the murderers are captured, the first thing I want to do is to go to class."

"Boring," Yerim said and I frowned at her in the darkness. "Go to class? Seriously? Why not make out with Jungkook? Isn't that better?"

"Make out? Elaborate," I said and I heard her sigh in disappointment.

"Come on Y/N, you know exactly what I'm talking about," I could feel her smirking in the darkness and all I could do is sigh.

"I'm only 16, Yerim," I muttered. "Seriously? I get that you're talking from your experiences but-"

I got cut off when Yerim reached to slap me on my shoulder and I stifled a giggle. "You wanna fight me?" Yerim demanded.

"No, but I'm just saying..."

"What do you mean!? I've never been taken before and-"

"Is okay Yerim, just keep your secret desires to yourself, you know?" I teased and I heard her scoff.

"You know, I'm a bit anxious that the murderers might find out our plan..." Yerim murmured. "What if they're just doing it to prank us and is actually behind us, ready to jump out and-"

"Chill," I interrupted her as I didn't want her to freak me out. "There's no way, that something like that would happen, I refuse to believe it."

"Pft, you're so full of positivity it gets annoying sometimes," Yerim muttered angrily and I giggled. "Whatever, I'll just believe what you say and-"

All of the sudden, there was an ear-splitting and brassy sound in front of us and I immediately stood up. The noise was almost similar to an explosion, after silence and soon mixing with loud yells and ruffling.

Turning on my flashlight, I shone it at Yerim's face and she nearly fell backward at how shining it was. Scowling at me, she also nodded at me and we both silently head towards the hole. I turned off my flashlight as we had the moonlight to help guide us towards the hole, wanting to also not attract attention.

Me and Yerim quickly tiptoe towards the hole and without the flashlight, we could only figure out black spots. We could tell there were two figures and I decided to turn on my flashlight again and shine it down the hole.

What came into my view was honestly a surprise.

"What the hell are you two doing here!?" 

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

Thank you for reading!

~Xin

4.1k and 470 votes~ tysm guys it really means a lot 🥺🥺💗🍀