{41} Acquaintance

1:54pm

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

"Well, well, well, aren't you two having such a fun time making out?"

Chunseo interrupted, and I moved away from Jungkook to drift my gaze back to the chicken, my mind completely blank on how to react.

"Hey, Y/N!" Chunseo called brightly and I looked up, not in the mood to deal with her and her friend's stupidity.

Forcing a kind smile, I wave back as though we were besties, but on the inside, I could feel my tummy churning over no reason at all. I decided it was best to ignore the feeling.

"Hey... what's up?" I asked and she shrugs, clutching onto her Chanel handbag, as she pushes it forward, as though she was trying to flex it on me.

I mean, is just a bag. Why would I get jealous over something so worthless but only can store shit?

"Nothing much, how have you been bestie??" Chunseo questions me with a smile, as she caresses my shoulder softly. It was scaring me and I moved towards Jungkook a little as I nervously smile at her and her weird statement. Before letting me answer, Jungkook slap Chunseo's hand away and put an arm over my shoulder to pull me towards his chest in a protective way. I didn't object since I needed a barrier to ensure the scrawny hands won't touch me again.

"Don't touch her and act like she's your mate. What do you want?" Jungkook demanded her coldly, and she smiled dryly.

"Oppa, this is unfair. Why do you treat her differently when you and I are destined to be together?" Chunseo questioned, and both her friends, Bom and Nari smirk. I bit my lip, unsure of how to react.

"Our destiny is ill-fated, it'll never happen." He told her, his voice filled with contempt for her.

Chunseo ignored his statement and drifted her gaze to me, giving me a haughty smile. "Y/N, from day one I've met you, I've always approved you as a friend. Like, we've never fought once right?" She asked for confirmation but didn't give me the chance to answer. "We're destined to be besties... but since we haven't hung out much, let's be acquaintances."

Acquaintances...

"What are you trying to say?" I asked, and Jungkook placed a hand on my arm to squeeze it, telling me to be quiet but I ignored him.

"Well, you're honestly really pretty." Nari declared but there was something in those words that sounds enigmatic and a little fake.

"Yeah! Not like this bitch here..." Bom's voice suddenly drop when she cast a hard glance on Yerim, who had been angrily staring at the three girls. The other boys were doing the same or either talking to one another, purposely ignoring them.

"You three better get lost before I start making you cry." Yerim threatens, cracking her knuckles as she prepared herself to stand up by facing towards them.

"You know, I can tell your uneducated... taking violence as an answer." Chunseo provoked, and her sidekicks started giggling with her.

"Of course is not the answer!" Jin confirmed and Yerim shot a pure look of venom towards him. "But is the solution..." Jin slowly said nervously and Yerim beamed at him but went back glaring at her.

"You don't have the right to say whether I'm uneducated or educated." Yerim continued, glaring icily at her. "To you, I may be the weed from a garden but to me, you're an old hag."

"You must not have eyes to see-"

"Honestly, piss off Chunseo." Yoongi interrupted her, as he yawned tiredly. "No one gives two sh*t about what you say. Know your place."

Chunseo gave him an ugly smile and decided to return her gaze to me. "Before I leave, Y/N... do you know that me and Jungkook have dated before?" She said and my eyes widen. Seeing my reaction, she took in the pleasure to provoke me more as she leaned closer till I could smell her minty breath. "That's why I believe Jungkook will never find interest in someone fat and ugly like you. So, you need to back off because he's mine."

I could feel Jungkook's grip tighten on my arm and I press my lips together as she lean back, smiling cheerfully as though nothing had happened. "Bye bestie! I'll see you later!" Chunseo waved, following by Bom and Nari as they walked away.

"Aish, that two-faced b*tch pisses me off so much." Taehyung chided in disapproval as I removed Jungkook's arm away from me, to straighten up my position.

"Her attitude had surprisingly accelerated..." I said nervously, unsure of how to act since I was a bit hurt by her statement. Part of me believes what she said was true. The thing was, I like Jungkook, in the same way, he likes me which was why it surprises me when he told me. But, I just do not want to admit I had the same feelings because it felt wrong.

"Y/N, don't listen to what she says," Jungkook reassures me and I wet my lips with my tongue as I drum my fingers on the table, seeming to lost my appetite to eat anymore.

"Yeah, you're not fat or ugly. Don't worry about what that b*tch said." Namjoon told me.

"She's just an attention seeker who has nothing else better to do. Is best if you don't associate yourself with annoying people like those three." Hoseok said, passing me a radiant smile to cheer me up.

"Honestly, I wondered why her parents never teach her any manners..." Jimin added thoughtfully and Yerim waved her hand at him.

"Nothing will get through that close-minded head of hers." She hovered her gaze towards me. "Oh and Y/N. Everything that came out of her mouth is just bullshit. She never dated Jungkook- she's just saying that because she's Chunseo and a different breed." She confirmed and something in me was glad. "Additionally, don't be her bestie- or whatever, she's just going to take advantage of you because she knows Jungkook likes you. And like you're friends with Bangtan, so yeah."

I gave a nod to thank her for telling me as I didn't feel like talking. Man, it was so nice to have extremely kind people reassuring me. I don't feel lonely anymore.

"Right, now let's change the topic," Jungkook said as he stood up from his spot, his arms on each side. I couldn't be bothered facing him, I had ears to listen to after all.

"Everyone, please meet me at my dormitory tomorrow morning. I want to discuss something important."

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

Thank you for reading! <3

~Xin