{81} Finessed

11:33pm 

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

"The answer to the riddle is a library," Namjoon started, raising the crumpled paper up at us as all of us were seated onto the chairs that were behind the round table.

"The library? That's a bit strange..." Hoseok mumbled in a low tone, tilting his head as he gave a look of bafflement towards Namjoon.

"To summarise why we think is a library, let's begin with the first three sentences which states 'A building, where it stays in the corner, but travelled around the world.'," He begins, passing me a look to continue his sentences.

"Firstly, I've come up with three possible answers that could be the answers through the first three sentences," I declared, finding my heart accelerating into a beat that wasn't normal. I get nervous when everyone's attention was on me but I had to explain the theories. "They were the medical centre, the gym, and the library. The medical centre was chosen because medical centres are vital to humanity. They're important and every country has one."

I press my lips firmly together to pause for a few short seconds to slow my breathing down a little as I felt like I was going too fast.

"Secondly, the gym was included because the gym possesses all the sport's equipment that is played around the world. Lastly, I chose the library because it has books where it gives you information about the world."

"With these three potential answers, this leads us to the next two lines which had stated 'Lynching isn't bad. Rarely aired, rarely yield.'," Namjoon continued, using his hands to explain.

"These two sentences don't exactly match with the riddle but if you look closely, each starting letter of each word forms the word, 'Library'," I finished and then clap my hands together in triumph as though I was celebrating the second time.

The others who haven't been talking but were listening intently suddenly put their hands together and applause for both of us. It was a surprise as I genuinely thought I didn't deserve one but I decided to smile gratefully.

From the corner of my eye, Jungkook reaches towards me and slides his hand to interlock our fingers together. He brought it over to his lap, in which I had to follow his movements by moving my chair closer to him. I had to keep a smile on to act like nothing was happening but it was evident that we were holding hands.

"You two are such sharp cookies that it wants to make me eat you guys up so I can be smart myself too!" Jin chortled and me and Namjoon scrunch our noses simultaneously.

"Jin isn't wrong though, you guys are like-"

"I wasn't the one who solved it though, it was just Y/N," Namjoon admitted as he laugh in embarrassment, slamming the paper down onto the table. "All I did was watch over you guys through the cameras but it was too dark... all the credits should go to Y/N. I'm not planning to even take one-tenth of it."

"Yeah, but you were there to support me," I argued, giving him a hard look. "If you weren't there, I probably wouldn't have the motivation to do it."

"What do you mean by that?" Jungkook asked me, as he arches an eyebrow, frowning at me curiously. I notice Namjoon shaking his head secretly at me, urging me to not tell him what had happened. I didn't exactly get what I couldn't tell Jungkook, but I'm only going to say the truth.

"Oh, he was just scolding me for procrastinating..." I murmured, scratching my hair nervously as I didn't want Namjoon to get in trouble. "But is seriously all good, like if it wasn't for him I don't think I'll be able to solve it," I quickly add as Jungkook had passed a stern look over to him. Namjoon averts his eyes from him, forming his lips similar to a duck as though he was whistling a tune.

"I thought I told you to go easy on her," Jungkook gritted his teeth and Namjoon decided to ignore his statement, forcing an uncomfortable smile. I clench Jungkook's hand to urge him to stop and he listened, immediately turning to look at me.

"Alright alright, enough with your protective nuisance, do you want to hear our third journey of failure?" Yoongi replied out loud as he sat up on his chair, leaning over the table as he intertwine his hands together.

Namjoon and I nodded to answer his question and Yoongi cleared his throat. "The reason that me and Jin didn't get hurt was that we were in Section three," Yoongi started, explaining in a blank tone as he scratches his nose.

"The rest of us were near the entrance and we were met with five of the murderers who were all armed with knives," Hoseok said, shivering in fear as he wrapped his arms around him. "We were outnumbered just by one and they were stronger as they had knives as an advantage."

"We assumed it was gonna be possible for us to defeat them but we weren't armed... they had guns too so we had to be careful," Jimin murmured, blinking tiredly. "One shot and walah, we might die."

"And like... being the weakest, I got the most injuries from the knives." Yerim laughed in amusement and I pouted sadly over at her. From head to toe, she was covered in bandages and it was nearly just like last time but worse. "Jungkook obviously had fewer injuries because he was strong enough to protect himself. Jimin and Hoseok got lots of scratches but it wasn't really that bad like mine..." Yerim mumbled sadly and I wanted to give her a hug but Jungkook had kept me where I was by holding my hand.

"No, is my fault," Jungkook replied, reassuring Yerim. "I wasn't strong enough to protect all of you and I'm sorry." He apologises and I tighten my grip on his hand as I felt that he didn't exactly have to take the blame.

"Don't apologise, is mainly our fault for being weak and not being able to protect ourselves," Hoseok chirped happily, sending out positive vibes despite being a bit injured. "But you know, is just strange... how do they know we were going to be at the entrance of the school? I thought we had made them think we would be at section 3..." Hoseok mumbled in disappointment, passing a hand over the nape of his neck.

"The possibility of knowing that you guys would be at the entrance is quite imprecise as there could be chances where you guys were to go to section 1 or 2," Yoongi declared thoughtfully. "If I was to be straightforward, is highly unlikely."

"Well, getting finessed the third time honestly makes me feel disappointed in myself," Jin said, tilting his head to one side with a rigid expression. "I feel like giving up but at the same time, saving Taehyung motivates me."

"Something like this isn't going to be taken lightly of... I believed we work hard enough to come up with different plans... so why?" Jimin stared at the table as though he was questioning himself. "Why do we keep failing despite the efforts we made? Are we missing something?"

"Maybe they're too smart? Or maybe they can see through us and our actions?" Yerim guessed which could be a possibility but it just doesn't sound right to me. "There's probably something going on..."

"Well, there is something going on," Jungkook said in a tone as though he had found the answer. "We're being watched."

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

Thank you for reading!

~Xin

P.S: Joonie, WWH, Yoonki pls have a speedy recovery :c

S: Joonie, WWH, Yoonki pls have a speedy recovery :c